Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 04:30 PM

12 posts, read 26,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
I did not know there was a free shuttle from Skyline City to the Ballston metro. How about that? Well Ballston def has a city feel. I personally would not want to live in VA without my car but its not hard in Ballston or Clarendon. But I've always felt that the District is a better place to live without a car.
Yup, I didn't know either. Thought the free shuttle was only to Pentagon City and Crystal City, but I found the Ballston shuttle schedule on the Skyline City's buildings website.

I think I resolved to take my car with me, considering it's a paid-off car and not really costing me much to keep around.

Does anyone know of any good online resources for finding condos that are for rent? I'm thinking it'd be cheaper that way than going through some of these "luxary living" apartments, which seem to be the only decent ones near metro stations. I'm still in shock over these $600 "move-in fees"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 04:40 PM

428 posts, read 1,109,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corolla9090 View Post
Yup, I didn't know either. Thought the free shuttle was only to Pentagon City and Crystal City, but I found the Ballston shuttle schedule on the Skyline City's buildings website.

I think I resolved to take my car with me, considering it's a paid-off car and not really costing me much to keep around.

Does anyone know of any good online resources for finding condos that are for rent? I'm thinking it'd be cheaper that way than going through some of these "luxary living" apartments, which seem to be the only decent ones near metro stations. I'm still in shock over these $600 "move-in fees"!
Try Homes Database. You can search for rentals, so you should be able to find condos for rent by owner.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:47 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,194,247 times
Also check Google maps. They've added a real estate feature, do a map search on Arlington, then click 'More', check 'Real Estate', change checkbox from 'For Sale' to 'Rent' and start looking. I see several condo listings.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:18 PM

26 posts, read 74,841 times
Skyline Towers.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themommy View Post
Try Homes Database. You can search for rentals, so you should be able to find condos for rent by owner.
Great suggestion! Thanks!

Also, thanks StupidityPolice for the Skyline Towers suggestion. It'd actually be perfect in the sense that I'd be able to walk to work, but I'm targeting places near a metro station.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Also check Google maps. They've added a real estate feature, do a map search on Arlington, then click 'More', check 'Real Estate', change checkbox from 'For Sale' to 'Rent' and start looking. I see several condo listings.
Also great suggestion!

Last edited by corolla9090; 01-19-2010 at 07:42 PM..

Old 02-20-2010, 01:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,744 times
Default Moving to DC Area and need advices

My wife, son and I are moving in DC area and we really need advice on where we can live on a tight budget $1200 - $1300 for rent for a 2 bedroom apt.
I will be working near H street and I was told Fairfax is the best. How is the commute from Fairfax to H street? I have no idea as I am not familiar with DC.

Any advice will be very appreciated.

Many thanks

Old 02-20-2010, 01:55 AM

8 posts, read 15,616 times
hey everyone,

I am in the same boat, I will be moving to VA in 4 months working at DC. Looking around i have noticed that DC is very expensive, i am seen fairfax, stafford any area no longer than 45 min from DC. I will be sending for my family in about 8 months later(spouse and two minors) so looking for an apartment no more than 500 a month for 8 months (anything with a celling on it), later no more than 1,200 for a 3 room. Your feedback will be appreciated. Thank you.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:33 PM

18,717 posts, read 30,954,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DACP_BU View Post
hey everyone,

I am in the same boat, I will be moving to VA in 4 months working at DC. Looking around i have noticed that DC is very expensive, i am seen fairfax, stafford any area no longer than 45 min from DC. I will be sending for my family in about 8 months later(spouse and two minors) so looking for an apartment no more than 500 a month for 8 months (anything with a celling on it), later no more than 1,200 for a 3 room. Your feedback will be appreciated. Thank you.
Sorry, but that's not a realistic rent for any community in this area.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:39 PM

8 posts, read 15,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Sorry, but that's not a realistic rent for any community in this area.
really... am I close? or WAYYY FAR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: