Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 05:51 AM

845 posts, read 2,327,631 times

Advertisements

Too much gangbanging around POW. The whole Liberia TH corridor is an "avoid." There is a reason those places lost two thirds of their value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 12:44 PM

3 posts, read 2,516 times
I'm a homeowner in Manassas in an area called Wellington. We have HOA and they keep an eye out, but are no more restrictive than I've experienced in Houston, Texas and surrounding areas (i.e. The Woodlands, Bentwater, etc.). I can't help you with rental townhouses or apartments, except to say that there some close -- maybe search for Dumphries and Wellington roads on Google Map and look West and Northwest. Heading east, Dumphries turns into Grant, I would stay away from looking in that specific area. As far as I know I'll tell Manassas is good, Sudley is a major traffic road and you have to carefully choose where to live -- I would not do it sight unseen and would even contact a realtor for anything around Sudley, Sudley Manor, etc. I drive to work so can't comment on the VRE, but know you don't want to drive 66 if you can help it and all commutes around here are based on times coming and going. Pretty much you either go to work early to beat the really horrible crowd and come home home early to beat it, or the opposite and go in later and leave work later, once most traffic is gone. But getting to the train in downtown Manassas from an area like Wellington any time of the morning should only take 10 minutes to drive and park. Perhaps y'all can rent a home in the area?

Hope this helps and good luck

Old 09-10-2016, 01:19 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,243,626 times
2010 topic. Has likely been solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia