U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 12:08 PM

5,210 posts, read 9,096,480 times

Advertisements

We took the blue line to see the Cherry Blossoms on Thursday and the whole ride was pretty uneventful. A tourist from NY was seated right behind us and she was a bit of a loud (and non-stop) talker, with lots to say to her "bubby". We actually found her to be more entertaining than annoying, though - her observations (about the train, the views out the window, etc.) were great.

After we got off at the Smithsonian stop, we were then entertained on the mall by a guy playing his plastic flute for tips. He had quite the act - complete with rubber, squeeky chickens - we were all laughing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 11:33 AM

3,552 posts, read 5,543,348 times
It was a crowded metro train and there was this one guy with a basketball in each hand trying to get off, he was going "Pardon me, excuse me, man with big balls coming through, pardon me, excuse me..."

Old 04-05-2010, 01:10 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,361,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
it was a crowded metro train and there was this one guy with a basketball in each hand trying to get off, he was going "pardon me, excuse me, man with big balls coming through, pardon me, excuse me..."
lol!! :d

Old 04-07-2010, 06:20 PM

9 posts, read 12,423 times
When I was young I once got confused while switching lines and thought I was stuck on a bridge platform with only upward escalators. In my sheer stupidity I panicked and ran down the upward escalator while tourists shot video and snapped photos. A metro worker pointed out the location of the downward escalators to me when I arrived at the bottom...after he had finally managed to stop laughing.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:05 PM

15,400 posts, read 25,773,174 times
We've got a whole crop of new people in the forum these days... anyone have any funny stories about the metro to add?

Old 08-04-2010, 06:34 AM

18,717 posts, read 26,823,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
It was a crowded metro train and there was this one guy with a basketball in each hand trying to get off, he was going "Pardon me, excuse me, man with big balls coming through, pardon me, excuse me..."

LOL, I must have missed this story the last time this thread was revived. Very funny.

These days, with the fare increases, the weirdest thing that happens to me is I get off the train and find out I DON'T have to add an extra bit of money to my ticket! Seems like I'd always running my tickets down to the last few cents, and then coming up short.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:23 AM

5,412 posts, read 3,455,713 times
I was walking through courthouse station, and there was this group of guys singing, and this lady came up, in some kind of hospital scrubs, brown in color (escaped from mental institution?) started dancing then took off her clothes, and they rushed to cover her up. Was an old lady,so it wasn't a pleasant sight.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:27 AM

1,514 posts, read 1,867,540 times
Having the metrorail driver announce stops in a fake Australian accent. It was funny. Another time, while I was standing another woman, who I was a stranger to me, was also standing and she suddenly collapsed to the floor as I was leaving. I walked out of the train and went up to the driver window to tell him what happened.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:37 AM

4 posts, read 5,804 times
just joined the forums and this is an incredible thread...

um I think the craziest was a drunk college guy was trying to ask out a girl late on a Thurs. night. She answered, "but we're getting off at Franconia-Springfield station...there's nothing to do there...oh and my husband is picking me up."

Old 08-04-2010, 01:18 PM

639 posts, read 1,147,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmurphy View Post
When I was a regular Orange Line commuter, I saw the hymn guy several times.
Here's a YouTube video of him. People would yell nasty things at him, especially during the morning commute, when it's very quiet.

Geez, how come? It's not like he has a horrible voice. It's like having Christmas carols sung all year round.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or