U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 09:44 AM

87 posts, read 297,657 times

Advertisements

Anyone else on the Red Line (1st train back) on 4th of July night?

Got on in Metro Center - managed to cram into the first train back and we had a group of college guys from Alabama that sang the entire way back to (I believe) West Falls Church. It was a long train ride crammed like sardines with these drunk guys singing the National Anthem and other 4th of July themed songs...

YouTube - ‪DC METRO-MUSICAL PATRIOTIC TRAIN RIDE - JULY 4th 2010‬‎
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 10:23 AM

5,334 posts, read 6,143,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
Wow, he's still doing it? I haven't lived in the DC area for 4 years. And when I heard the announcer doing the fake accents, that had to have been 8 or 9 years ago. It's good that he's having fun with his job. I'd rather have him as a driver than some cranky person with a bad attitude who hates his/her job.
I haven't heard that guy, but I used to ride the train with an operator who would announce Foggy Bottom very slowly and ominously, like it was in a horror movie. Next station, F--o---g---g---y B---o---t---t---o---m. I expected some creepy music to accompany him.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:41 AM

18,717 posts, read 26,920,267 times
Yesterday a group of people heading into DC on the Orange Line had tie-dyed t-shirts and were wearing other 60's-ish items. They didn't quite look like costumes but OTOH it was more "hippy dippy" than what you usually see. Was there some sort of costume party or 60's event going on in DC yesterday? Or maybe an environmental rally?

Old 09-26-2010, 07:52 AM

15,947 posts, read 36,180,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
We've got a whole crop of new people in the forum these days... anyone have any funny stories about the metro to add?
Zero DC ones. I have a TON of NYC ones though. Since this is a DC forum, I'll quickly tell one NYC one, and that'll be it.

I'll never forget this. I came down the stairs and saw this guy frantically grabbing newspapers out of the trash and speading them on the floor as fast as he could. Then his sweatpants quickly went down, and rampant dairhea was splattering everywhere on the platform.

I just kept walking pretending like I didn't see anything and that nothing was out of the ordinary...

Old 09-26-2010, 10:37 AM

616 posts, read 1,059,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Zero DC ones. I have a TON of NYC ones though. Since this is a DC forum, I'll quickly tell one NYC one, and that'll be it.

I'll never forget this. I came down the stairs and saw this guy frantically grabbing newspapers out of the trash and speading them on the floor as fast as he could. Then his sweatpants quickly went down, and rampant dairhea was splattering everywhere on the platform.

I just kept walking pretending like I didn't see anything and that nothing was out of the ordinary...
I really could have gone my entire life without reading that story.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:31 AM

639 posts, read 1,151,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy112 View Post
I really could have gone my entire life without reading that story.

You and me both.

Caladium, I know you asked me if I had any stories from the metro, and I can tell you, not yet
I probably have to ride the train at a funky time (like late at night) to get something good; but I'll let you know!

Old 09-28-2010, 03:40 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,970,571 times
Quote:

Yikes, talk about yellow journalism!

Seriously, what was his intention in using the newspapers if he had loose motions? If it was the NY Times, then I guess I understand how they got their slogan "All the Crap That's Fit to Print".

Old 09-28-2010, 05:20 PM

11,419 posts, read 20,279,418 times
Well, since that was NOT a story about anything that happened on Metro......... (and I agree, NONE of us needed to hear it).

I do ride Metro and don't have any specific "weird" stories other than the folks that continue to eat, drink, leave their trash in the system (and they are probably the first to complain that it's "dirty")

Old 09-29-2010, 09:19 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,004,512 times
Quote:

To be fair, sometimes there's just nothing you can do. Atleast he had the decency to lay newspaper down!

Old 09-29-2010, 09:28 AM

10,452 posts, read 10,635,238 times
i can't pinpoint any one incident but i used to ride the orange line from foggy bottom to east falls church regularly and the people on the orange line were a strange bunch! definitely more 'out there' than the people on the red line, imo. well the red liners got weirder if you went out to silver spring, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or