Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 06:55 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,156,915 times

Advertisements

I'm glad to hear that my prediction of traffic was off-base in your favor. LOL It helps that you were already accustomed to Atlanta's own infamous commutes.

As far as fellow bikers go, hang in there until Memorial Day when you'll see a fleet of retired veterans roll into the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 06:57 AM

4,437 posts, read 8,122,653 times
I know a Harley guy who also likes Sunset Grill. Burgers in Paradise in Woodbridge has a bike night every Thursday: Cheeseburger In Paradise - Bike Night and More | Facebook

There is some good riding when you ride out west to Front Royal/Hume area. There are a lot of wineries there so it's nice riding country.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:15 AM

437 posts, read 1,228,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterjohn View Post
The one thing unnerves me about this area is the amount of congestion. It seems like they try to cram a[s] many people as possible into the smallest area. The houses a[re] 4 feet apart from each other and there are townhouses out the ying yang!!
Uh-oh, someone who doesn't like high density development! Moderator Cut: Off-topic and personal.

Last edited by FindingZen; 01-21-2010 at 08:19 AM..

Old 01-21-2010, 07:59 AM

239 posts, read 710,967 times
Compared to ATL the traffic up here is not bad at all! I am from Southern CA but have spent a lot of time in ATL and the traffic was bad. The people here are a lot more friendly than most of ATL as well. I love ATL, but I dont think I would ever live here. I have not seen as many Harley's here, but I'm sure you will find your niche. Maybe there is a Harley forum on here.
Have fun and good luck!

Old 01-21-2010, 08:12 AM

36 posts, read 89,079 times
Ledo Pizza has become a local chain but started out as one family pizzeria for the college kids, I love their pizza. The crust is more like flat bread and it's square. Also they have great salad and subs. Take out or dine in like Pizza Hut used to be a family place but is now just a photocopy. Ledo is not a photocopy and is still family owned.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:41 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,705,679 times
Yes the commute along the Fairfax county PKWY is decent. The biggest problem in the eve rush is on I-66 West, and heading westbound on other major roads. I'm sure that you have plenty of traffic, but at least you're moving at a decent speed with minimal traffic lights. I hope you love it here, and best of luck!

Old 01-21-2010, 09:03 AM

437 posts, read 1,228,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornindc View Post
Uh-oh, someone who doesn't like high density development! Moderator Cut: Off-topic and personal.
Seriously, are you kidding me? I guess you can't reference other posters now even in a friendly manner - how sad.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:29 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,705,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornindc View Post
Seriously, are you kidding me? I guess you can't reference other posters now even in a friendly manner - how sad.
I'm with you borninDC... people are way too sensitive.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:45 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,070,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
I'm with you borninDC... people are way too sensitive.
Personally, I'm glad city-data is a class act in this way. What may seem like friendly ribbing to you can come across as provocation. Teasing that mentions other posters by name leads to bickering and has caused problems in the past.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:55 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
I agree with the recommendation to watch your speed on the Parkway, since it's a target for enforcement, and is warranted. There were some serious accidents at the Popes Head Road intersection in recent years, and because of the intersection's proximity to a curve in the southbound lanes, it can be especially dangerous.

Periodically, the enforcement takes the form of a sweep, and citations have been issued for even a few miles over the speed limit on various stretches of the Parkway.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia