Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 05:06 AM

14 posts, read 83,070 times

Advertisements

We are friends in our mid 40s looking for night time entertainment, maybe live music or dancing....or just a decent bar to hang out at, but everything here seems to cater to younger people.

Maybe most people our age are just tired at night..LOL

Suggestions for places to go in NoVA at night that aren't overrun with twentysomethings would be great.

PS/ I have nothing against twentysomethings, I used to be one.

Thanks, BF
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2007, 08:27 AM

2,032 posts, read 6,866,753 times
Default Nighlife

I am in that same age group and I share your concerns. I don't know of much nightlife in Northern Virginia. I did come across a place in DC in the Hotel Helix off Logan Circle. It is a bar/nightclub with dancing that caters to our crowd.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:24 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,844,181 times
I just found out that Landsdowne resort on the potomac has Live Jazz every Friday evening from 5-10pm admission is free and they have a martini bar and food avail. We haven't gone yet but hopefully will soon.

Vintage 50 in Leesburg has a nice bar area that caters to the"older" set, we like it alot.

Dominion Brewery in Ashburn is nice

Reston town center I am sure has some nice places as well.

Old 05-26-2007, 12:59 PM

261 posts, read 1,663,084 times
I haven't been there in a while, but eCitie (I've seen various spellings) at the far end of Tyson's is a disco that caters to a more affluent crowd than most NoVA establishments. You routinely see (or saw anyway) people dressed in suits in addition to more casual clothing. Places like Sam & Harry's and Harry's Tap Room (various locations around NoVA) tend to cater to an older crowd too, or at least more affluent anyway. There's a new bar in Clarendon that my friends (mid to late 30's types) tell me is more friendly to the post 20-something set, it's called Libery Tavern. Willow is a relatively sophisticated restaurant for Arlington and at least has a bar (I don't know about dancing or live music though).

That's all I can think of at the moment but if something else pops into my head I'll post again.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:30 PM

414 posts, read 2,274,089 times
You will find nightlife in certain areas like: Old Town Alexandria, Ballston, Clarendon, Rossyln, and Arlington. There are also some decent places in Reston, Fairfax, and Herndon, However, the better of night life is going to be found in the District.

Old 10-25-2007, 05:59 PM

1 posts, read 16,747 times
Default Nightlife in Northern VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefootgirl55 View Post
We are friends in our mid 40s looking for night time entertainment, maybe live music or dancing....or just a decent bar to hang out at, but everything here seems to cater to younger people.

Maybe most people our age are just tired at night..LOL

Suggestions for places to go in NoVA at night that aren't overrun with twentysomethings would be great.

PS/ I have nothing against twentysomethings, I used to be one.

Thanks, BF
My husband and I like to go to Le Canard in Vienna, VA. They have piano bar almost every night and the singers there a fabulous! Dancing is also encouaged. The music runs from old standards to 50's doo wopp. The keyboardist on Tuesday is great - He also plays at Vespucchis in Fairfax on Sundays and at Squire Rockwells on Thursday and Friday nights. Both places have dancing as well. It's fun for singers, but also for people who like to listen to live music, and those who like to dance. It is motly an older crowd (50-70) but lately more and more young people are discovering the old standards.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:12 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,378,135 times
As the name would suggest, some of the duck recipes (they have many) are excellent also, and the wine list is quite reasonably priced. Generally, a nice evening at Le Canard...

Old 10-31-2007, 03:29 PM

3 posts, read 29,804 times
Default Just wait

If you think mid forties is bad just wait to you get into your sixties!!!! Best you take up ballroom now.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:03 PM
LLD

654 posts, read 3,063,911 times
Love this thread as I'm late 40's!

Old 02-27-2009, 08:55 AM

161 posts, read 412,748 times
E-Cities in Tysons.
Lots of Cougars ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia