Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 08:28 PM

372 posts, read 1,116,703 times

Advertisements

How's the company going?

Do you have a "career" rather than a job, like they advertise?

How are salaries?

Can someone employee referral me? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 09:34 PM

1,223 posts, read 2,266,847 times
I doubt anyone would employee referral you sight unseen. The company is definitely a great place for a career. Here is some general info:
Booz Allen Hamilton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
100 Best Companies to Work For 2010: Booz Allen Hamilton - from FORTUNE

Old 02-03-2010, 05:55 AM

989 posts, read 2,855,994 times
My Booz Allen friends are all very well compensated but tend to work long hours. That's all the info I have. Sorry!

Old 02-03-2010, 06:50 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdcrim View Post
My Booz Allen friends are all very well compensated but tend to work long hours. That's all the info I have. Sorry!
Ha ha ha I'm like you--I have some friends who work there but mostly we talk about fitness activities (we're all in a walking club). Work can't be too dominating if they have time for a club. We don't talk much about our jobs, so I don't have much info to share. They seem comfortable financially and happy enough with their work (at least as far as I can tell). I don't ever hear complaints, FWIW--if someone's unhappy they usually want to share their gripes with the world.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:22 AM

132 posts, read 324,241 times
Booz Allen is a great place to work. You can definitely have a good career there. It is one of the best place for working mom. The company's leadership is very smart and agile to respond to market conditions. Carlyle group purchased the majority of the stake of Booz Allen in 2009. There is a rumor that it may go public at some point.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:31 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
I have insider information about Booz Allen due to the nature of my job, but I will NOT be divulging any of it. All I can say is that if I were to turn to the "dark side" and leave the Feds, Booz Allen would definitely be a place I'd be happy to work.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:36 PM

4,437 posts, read 8,131,234 times
My sister's father-in-law works for Booz and he has no complaints. He works in an overseas contract, the pay is good and I don't ever hear him complaining about the benifits.

We have some Booz contractors doing project managing and they don't have any gripes about the company. One of the guys was just promoted to a "Level 2" analyst but he's been doing Level 3 stuff, but still for the same pay as a 2. He's hoping that will pay off in the next review interval. All of the Booz folks seem to be on top of things and there haven't been any complaints about them.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:40 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
The Boozers I've conversed with and have greeted while passing in the corridors all seem to be very polite and friendly as well. I know at some places down here you get that definite aura of "I have this degree...yada, yada, yada", but the people I've met all seem to be nice.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:40 PM

738 posts, read 2,957,227 times
I've got several friends and family that work at Booz, and they all seem to love it.

I know their retirement 401k contribution is great. I believe I was told that they will contribute 10% of your base salary to 401k, no matter what you put in (ie - you can put in 0% and they'll still add 10%, instead of the usual we'll match 5% if you add 5% etc). I'm not sure if that's still accurate, but it surprised me when I learned it. Everyone I know has had positive things to say about the company.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:27 PM

132 posts, read 324,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
I've got several friends and family that work at Booz, and they all seem to love it.

I know their retirement 401k contribution is great. I believe I was told that they will contribute 10% of your base salary to 401k, no matter what you put in (ie - you can put in 0% and they'll still add 10%, instead of the usual we'll match 5% if you add 5% etc). I'm not sure if that's still accurate, but it surprised me when I learned it. Everyone I know has had positive things to say about the company.
This is true. The catch is there is a 5 year vesting schedule, and the contribution starts at the second year. But still you can't beat the 10%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia