Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 08:41 AM

57 posts, read 144,101 times

Advertisements

Hello all! I'm preparing us for our trip to NoVa this weekend - can't wait to see what I've been researching for a month now! I'm so excited and nervous all at the same time that it's finally here.

So I wanted some referrals on where to eat for lunch and dinner. We'll be in a hotel in Manassas. I would love to avoid the typical chains. We won't have the kids either so I'd like to hit some places I can't take my children - maybe one dinner worth a good drive somewhere and nothing that will cost 2 people over $80 (wine and all ). We'll be in the Warrenton, Nokesville, Culpeper area so must try's in those areas would also be appreciated.

We love all food and I mean ALL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 08:49 AM

13 posts, read 27,352 times
Default The Rail Stop in The Plains!

If you go west on 66 from Manassas and exit at The Plains/Middleburg exit, take a right and head up 2 miles to the sleepy little town of The Plains. The Rail Stop restaurant is excellent and perfect for a no-rush romantic dinner.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:36 AM

309 posts, read 828,175 times
Carmello's in Old Town Manassas; Iron Bridge, Mojitos & Tapas, Claire's at the depot in Warrenton

Old 03-04-2010, 11:23 AM

1,652 posts, read 3,878,778 times
Woo - thanks for the recs, clairemarie. I may use them myself, if I'm ever out in Manassas again.

Looks like Foundation (which I've heard good things about) has changed its name to "Okra's." I guess the single-word seemingly-random abstract noun restaurant names aren't big enough around here (yet? *cringe*) - exempting DC proper and the other usual suspects, of course.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:24 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,309,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Bradley View Post
Woo - thanks for the recs, clairemarie. I may use them myself, if I'm ever out in Manassas again.

Looks like Foundation (which I've heard good things about) has changed its name to "Okra's." I guess the single-word seemingly-random abstract noun restaurant names aren't big enough around here (yet? *cringe*) - exempting DC proper and the other usual suspects, of course.
I would also recommend Foundation in Manassas. Okra's (Louisiana Cajun) is next door, but have they now named them both Okra's?

I would skip Carmello's.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:30 PM

1,266 posts, read 5,610,522 times
Desiderio in Gainesville at the corner of 15 & 55.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:36 PM

1,652 posts, read 3,878,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
I would also recommend Foundation in Manassas. Okra's (Louisiana Cajun) is next door, but have they now named them both Okra's?

I would skip Carmello's.
I dunno! It's a very weird situation. Maybe Foundation still exists as a part of the Okra's complex? (Obviously, they're owned by the same people/company. Also, they've chosen okras.com as their domain name. And I think I couldn't get Foundation to show up on a Google Maps "restaurants" search [like I was at some point in the past - maybe a year ago] - just Okra's.)

Anyway, enough idle speculation. If anyone knows the story, clue us in.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:30 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,309,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Bradley View Post
I dunno! It's a very weird situation. Maybe Foundation still exists as a part of the Okra's complex? (Obviously, they're owned by the same people/company. Also, they've chosen okras.com as their domain name. And I think I couldn't get Foundation to show up on a Google Maps "restaurants" search [like I was at some point in the past - maybe a year ago] - just Okra's.)

Anyway, enough idle speculation. If anyone knows the story, clue us in.
Yes, weird. Their website doesn't have information like I think it used to:

Foundation: Sexy Global Cuisine.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:18 PM

57 posts, read 144,101 times
Thanks everyone! I'll fit in as much as I can an!

Old 03-05-2010, 05:09 AM

845 posts, read 2,326,498 times
City Tavern in Old Town Manassas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia