Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 11:10 AM

37 posts, read 143,933 times

Advertisements

I have bee reading online on apartments, since I want to move when my lease expires. My biggest concern is the property management. If you live in a rental place, can you share your experience with the management? This might be a good topic for all future NoVa residents

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 11:20 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,156,915 times
Just remember that consumer complaints aren't allowed on the forum as the other party isn't here to defend themselves. So while constructive criticism is fine, a vent or rant about a specific place would not be appropriate.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:23 AM

37 posts, read 143,933 times
Maybe I can change the direction a little bit. I am more interested in people having good experience with a place. Let's just stick with the positives!

Old 03-12-2010, 11:26 AM

22 posts, read 84,426 times
How about looking at the various apartment ratings websites? I know there is a lot of ranting on those sites, but you might see a trend or be able to detect at least a grain of truth here and there.

I've lived in Bozzuto and found them to be very professional. However, I think some of that depends on the actual manager and, perhaps, how you treat them. I was always super nice and didn't complain about small things. I've heard that Archstone raises rents fairly steeply when you renew, but I've not had personal experience with that. Bozzuto seemed fair with their increases.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:53 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InDC08 View Post
I have bee reading online on apartments, since I want to move when my lease expires. My biggest concern is the property management. If you live in a rental place, can you share your experience with the management? This might be a good topic for all future NoVa residents

Thanks!
I live in a rented condo on the West side of Alexandria. The people we're renting from have been good. The property management staff have changed a lot since I moved here but have always been decent. The handyman here is decent. With that said, I'm so happy to be getting the out of here.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:28 PM

300 posts, read 1,257,795 times
In my experience in CA, the HUGE complexes.....multi-story, tons of units on site have the worst prop. management- and they are also the worst to live in (very far to laundry, to the parking lot, mail boxes, etc., you don't see your neighbors...its like living in a hotel).

The smaller complexes (max two levels, not that many units on site- maybe 80 max) and individual owners who rent directly to tenants have the best prop. management....and they area also nicer places to live. You know your neighbors, short walk to laundry, etc.

Not sure if any of that helps- but I'm sure the same positives/negatives ring true no matter where you go in the country.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:22 AM

8,983 posts, read 21,156,915 times
Thanks for your contribution, preppyglam although keep in mind that the focus is on apartments in Northern Virginia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia