Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 06:33 PM

648 posts, read 1,333,676 times

Advertisements

I have the Massage Envy package where I currently live; and someone else mentioned it, but you have to try to find the right therapist. I particularly liked that I was able to pay for it through my HSA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 06:02 PM

12 posts, read 31,223 times
Default A Positive Experience!

I joined Massage Envy in June,and have been pleased enough to have been 2 times over my single monthly massage.
I found that the masseuse I was set up with on my first appointment was a good match for me.
There was a book available at the location with information on the training and backgrounds of the Massage Envy staff,including any specializations. Maybe having more information would help you in choosing a masseuse. (or masseur)
I enjoy being able to go to Massage Envy on a regular basis,and work in an extra visit when I need it. Last year I had 2 massages,this year 4 since June. No contest.
As always,be a smart consumer,& communicate your needs.
Refly

Old 12-08-2010, 09:05 AM

22 posts, read 39,176 times
Default looking for a massage therapist in and around Centreville

Quote:
Originally Posted by brymax View Post
Well, if you're not completely satisfied with your services I can tell you where part of your problem is...

You're dealing with "masseuse'", as opposed to working with a massage therapist.

What's the difference, you may ask?

A 4-year college degree, more years of schooling in the industry, state or national license and additional CEU's on top of that.

My wife is a massage therapist. 1 of the best and would lay out quite the thrashing if she were called a "masseuse".

Sorry, I had to jump in... So close to home.

The other reason I jumped in is because my wife & I are here in NOVA right now house hunting in preparation for our relocation from SoCal in the coming weeks and we've been kind of wondering where she might pick up some work.
She'd prefer to work at a resort or quality place. Where might that be?
hello

Can you recomment me a good massage therapist around Centreville Chantilly Fairfax area? you mentioned that your wife was in the same profession. Does she take in clients or work for an place that she would recommend

thanks a lot
Shailoo

Old 12-08-2010, 09:22 AM

617 posts, read 1,356,210 times
I tried them thanks to cards being continuously left under my windshield wipers. I wasn't that impressed. The massuese was okay, but she didn't really answer my questions (I was having some back pain at the time) and as someone else already said, they really hit you with the sales pitch. Not worth it.

My wife and I don't get massages often, but when we do, we usually go to K-Spa in Springfield. We really like it there.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:27 PM

9 posts, read 18,318 times
Default Care to share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish Thompson View Post
Totally agree with Brymax. I've never been to Massage Envy but was tempted when they started mailing postcards about a month ago. I've been going to a masseuse in a chiropractor's office in Centreville and she's incredible...and it's a lot more affordable than I expected (they offer packages also).
It's been a while since your post but could you elaborate and share the details of your incredible masseuse? Thx!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia