Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 01:41 PM

309 posts, read 828,615 times

Advertisements

My friends kids have attended St Leo's (Paul VI) k-8 and is very pleased with the school
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 08:33 PM

276 posts, read 1,458,858 times
Curious to see where you decided to send your kids, OP. We lived in DC about 10 years ago and are hoping to relocate there within the next year. A big factor holding us back is that we have a great Catholic Church and school where we currently live. We feel part of a very special community and I'm not sure we can replicate the situation. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Old 01-12-2011, 06:16 AM

1 posts, read 2,275 times
Iam new to this Forum and recently moving to Vienna VA. My daughter will be going to Kindergarden in September and I am looking for the best Catholic schools in the area. Can you please give me more feedback on the school and if theres more options in the area. Thank you

Old 01-12-2011, 07:03 AM

4 posts, read 5,747 times
St. Andrew's is in Clifton and its a great school! Very close, knit community, lots of parental involvement and high academic scores plus, PLENTY of extra-curricular activities. Definitely worth checking out and if finances are an issue, they WILL help!

Old 01-12-2011, 12:31 PM

2,462 posts, read 8,922,722 times
It can be difficult for new families to get a spot in the kindergarten class at some Catholic schools. If you know you will be in Vienna, consider calling the local schools TODAY to learn about the enrollment procedures. Many schools begin accepting applications at this time for the fall.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:56 PM

1,449 posts, read 3,171,577 times
The couple I looked at last night were taking applications through February for next year's K. They weren't the ones in Vienna, but you probably have a couple more weeks.

I did notice that several were having open houses quite soon. I already attended one in November, but was happy to see that the school we're looking at (St. Joe's in Herndon) is doing another one so that I can bring my husband along and let him help to decide on our daughter's best placement for next year.

You probably want to go to the Arlington Diocese website and click through the websites for the schools closest to you. Open House and Application information are usually pretty easy to find.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:29 PM

1,261 posts, read 6,105,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebrescia View Post
Iam new to this Forum and recently moving to Vienna VA. My daughter will be going to Kindergarden in September and I am looking for the best Catholic schools in the area. Can you please give me more feedback on the school and if theres more options in the area. Thank you
Catholic school week is the last week in January and many schools are hosting an open house that weekend. Contrary to prior years, complete applications are being reviewed and accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. You can always call and arrange for a tour in advance.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:13 PM

1,449 posts, read 3,171,577 times
is this diocese-wide? St. Joe's has not given me new information on their application process. I hope they haven't changed the rules on me.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:49 PM

1,261 posts, read 6,105,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilsmom View Post
is this diocese-wide? St. Joe's has not given me new information on their application process. I hope they haven't changed the rules on me.
I don't know about that particular school. I'm referring to schools in Springfield, Fairfax, Annandale and Clifton.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:14 PM

30 posts, read 83,105 times
I went to OLGC back in the day and my mom taught there as well. I now have 3 kids in three different Catholic schools in the area. My advice: All the Catholic schools are at least fairly decent - 85% of what your kid gets out of it is dependent on you as a parent SO - Pick the closest damn school to where you live! I know from DECADES of school commuting that this driving we gotta do around here will seriously wound your soul. Now which particular church to attend on Sundays - well that a whole 'nother issue....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia