U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 12:06 PM

4,489 posts, read 5,370,552 times
Default Best outdoor patio restaurants?

Now that nice weather is here (or was here, what a tease--come back 75 degrees!), every time my husband and I go out to dinner I want to eat at restaurants with outdoor seating. I have a short list of my favorites, but I'm sure there are a bunch of good ones I don't know about!

So, C-Ders...what is your favorite restaurant with outdoor seating in the NoVA area?

My contributions:

-Cafe Asia in Rosslyn
-Pat Troy's in Old Town (bonus, you can bring your dog and order off the doggie menu!)
-Sawatdee (Thai) in Courthouse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 01:45 PM

1,981 posts, read 1,722,522 times
Sweetwater Tavern in Merrifield. Getting something from the food vendors and eating it on the deck behind the Torpedo Factory in Old Town.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
Sweetwater Tavern in Merrifield. Getting something from the food vendors and eating it on the deck behind the Torpedo Factory in Old Town.
Oh yes, we've done this many times! I love taking a walk in Old Town in the evenings with my dog and hanging out on the deck or in the park there.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:29 PM

26,217 posts, read 45,870,912 times
I know most people think it sucks, but I love sitting on the patio at Clyde's in Reston's awesome fake downtown. I've been a loyal patron of that restaurant for even longer than I've been living here. When my parents and I were apartment-hunting in Reston in April 2009 our server told his manager we were potential newcomers, and he insisted we have free dessert! Since then I've invested hundreds of dollars in this place between myself and friends whom I've turned on to the restaurant. It pays to spend a little up-front to be "nice" to a customer because once you establish that trust and loyalty they'll keep coming back and inviting more to come with them (even after I got sick from their food!)

There's a restaurant on the main drag through Middleburg (Red Fox?) that I want to try sometime with a great patio!

Old 03-24-2010, 03:36 PM

14,936 posts, read 17,193,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Now that nice weather is here (or was here, what a tease--come back 75 degrees!), every time my husband and I go out to dinner I want to eat at restaurants with outdoor seating. I have a short list of my favorites, but I'm sure there are a bunch of good ones I don't know about!

So, C-Ders...what is your favorite restaurant with outdoor seating in the NoVA area?

My contributions:

-Cafe Asia in Rosslyn
-Pat Troy's in Old Town (bonus, you can bring your dog and order off the doggie menu!)
-Sawatdee (Thai) in Courthouse
Carpool in Ballston (my favorite) has an outdoor section. The food is great!!

Old 03-24-2010, 03:43 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,806,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestonRunner86 View Post
There's a restaurant on the main drag through Middleburg (Red Fox?) that I want to try sometime with a great patio!
Wouldn't it be more fun to try it with a great companion?

Old 03-24-2010, 05:10 PM

26,217 posts, read 45,870,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margery View Post
Wouldn't it be more fun to try it with a great companion?
It's called when you're this butt-ugly the best I can hope for in a companion is a guppy or a sunflower!

Old 03-24-2010, 05:25 PM

9,337 posts, read 15,363,054 times
If you don't mind a trip to DC, Sequoia has a great outdoor setting, right on the river.

On the VA side of the river, 2941 in Fariview Park has a great setting by the lake; the Eiffel Tower Cafe in Leesburg has a wonderful outdoor dining space; and, Trummer's on Main in Clifton also has a nice patio for outdoor dining.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 03-24-2010, 07:07 PM

Oh yes, Sequoia's patio is wonderful! We have had a few corporate events there--definitely my favorite venue we've done meetings at!

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! Keep 'em coming I'm making a list to tackle this summer!

Old 03-24-2010, 08:53 PM

3,166 posts, read 4,149,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestonRunner86 View Post
It's called when you're this butt-ugly the best I can hope for in a companion is a guppy or a sunflower!
Many people care more about what's on the inside than the package that it's wrapped in, so try not to be discouraged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia