U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2010, 07:17 AM

15,400 posts, read 25,821,439 times

Advertisements

It's that time of year again. Anyone know of good local Easter Events?

Here are a few I know of:

Leesburg is having a huge egg hunt this Saturday from noon to 4 p.m. at Ida Lee Park. More than 15,000 eggs will be hidden for different age groups. There will also be a jumbo slide, rock climbing wall, obstacle courses, photos with the Easter Bunny and I think some other activities. For details, see Town of Leesburg : Parks & Recreation.

Sterling's Easter Egg hunt is also this Saturday,at Claude Moore Community Center. I think it's 11-noon. Kids can play games and have lunch with the Easter Bunny. Dress for weather. You probably have to call the park for details, I couldn't find any more info online.

Bluemont has a marshmallow harvest and egg hunt this Saturday from 10 to 2:30. I have no idea what a marshmallow harvest is. The egg hunts begin at 1 p.m. Bring your own baskets. This event is at Great Country Farms, 18780 Foggy Bottom Road. For details, see Welcome to Great Country Farms.

Bunny Bonanza is next Wednesday (March 31) at the Heritage Farm Museum of Loudoun County. This event has live animals, hands-on activities, demonstrations. Kids learn about responsible pet ownership. You have to pa the museum admission: $5, children $3. (Bring a donation of canned pet food and receive a free child’s admission) More information: Loudoun Heritage Farm Museum.

There's also a Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt at night in Philomont. Not sure what day that is, but I'll post it when I find out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 05:10 PM

262 posts, read 503,152 times
Default Marshmallow Egg Drop

I'm not sure if this is the same thing as you saw advertised as a 'Marshmallow Harvest' at Bluemont, but we went to an egg hunt at a church a few years ago because it sounded like such a novel idea. They had a helicopter drop hundreds of marshmallows for the kids to get. They could turn in the marshmallows for prizes (probably so they wouldn't eat them). Well.....it was exciting to see the helicopter at such a low altitude over us....but when they emptied the big black plastic bags of marshmallows, they must have been smushed because all the marshmallows stuck together and they came down in big globby clumps of sticky marshmallows!

The kids had fun anyways, and we met lots of nice people from that church. But as far as a marshmallow hunt...it didn't quite work out as planned!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia