U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-05-2010, 10:35 AM

87 posts, read 132,475 times

Advertisements

Are there any reputable landscaping contractors that service the northern Virginia area (22153) who can bill in payments or divide total cost over monthly installments? I really need some work done for my kids to play in the backyard but I do not have the money in one lump sum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 11:51 AM

112 posts, read 549,931 times
That might be tough depending on the size of your project. If it includes any deck/patio along with planted trees/shrubs, you're looking at a $10K+ project. That's asking a lot for a landscape company to take the risk of financing your backyard. You might be better off approaching your bank for a personal loan to fund this project.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:58 AM

2,101 posts, read 1,873,833 times
Most of the big nurseries will put together a landscape plan for free that can be implemented in stages, thus not having to lay out all the money at once, but I feel sure that any landscape company will want to be paid for any work they do as soon as the work is completed.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:52 PM

I agree with you. Since you mentioned it: I had Kingstown Landscaping do an estimate which they charged me 50 dollars for and then they said they would draft me a plan for the complete backyard job costing 800 dollars. They are a great company no doubt. I would think the larger more established ones would do it but even they do not. I get 10 lawn treatments from them per year and I pay the bill after every treatment. To be fair I understand a company would like to be paid once the service is rendered but I am hoping there would be an option other wise. If they want to do a credit check on me that's fine as my FICO score is over 770.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:54 AM

23 posts, read 43,985 times
My boyfriends Mom is an awesome landscaper. She works for Craven's Nursery in Falls Church, and does landscaping projects on the side. I'm sure you could work a payment plan out with her. Send me a (direct message) if you would like her contact information.

Last edited by Tone509; 04-06-2010 at 10:58 AM.. Reason: posting a private email address on a public website is not advised. An invitation to Direct Message is preferred.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:28 AM

Thanks. I do not want to be a burden for one person. She would not mind? It would be nice for her to come by a take a look at what i would like done if that is possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia