Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 03:15 PM

12 posts, read 16,637 times

Advertisements

FairfaxGuy73,

Fairfaxunderground.com has a searchable database that compiles all the tickets and arrests that the Fairfax County Police Department has made over the last several years. The police department releases this information on a weekly basis. NakedGuy and one of his housemates were cited for being "Drunk in Public or Profane" last September. It was Labor Day weekend so perhaps there was a loud party going on at their house and the neighbors did call the police. Do you think that is unreasonable?

Also, how many individuals were living in this residence? Fairfax County has occupancy restrictions that say only a maximum of 4 unrelated persons may reside in a dwelling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 03:58 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,664,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Think of it like this.

If MS-13 shoots me, they'll go to jail.
Because they'll be arrested by (fill in the blank) ...

Old 04-15-2010, 04:51 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,184,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Unlike y'all I'm a normal person who sleeps. Those MS13 guys may be regrouping but I don't think the police can take a lot of credit for it.
Moderator cut: Not necessary The regional gang task force, formerly led by a good friend of mine, spent several years working on the gang issue in NOVA with many arrests with numerous members of MS 13 going to prison. I was involved many nights in raids and arrests of MS 13 members. Many of those not arrested have indeed been laying low but only because of the action of LE in the area. We are now seeing members of local gangs resort to wearing regular street clothes in hopes of not being targeted by police.
But of course according to alanboy local LE can take no credit for this.

Moderator cut: Not necessary

Last edited by bmwguydc; 04-15-2010 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: Please keep to the facts of your reply, and respond to the discission, not to another member.

Old 04-15-2010, 05:06 PM

26,688 posts, read 41,593,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeesfan View Post
Because they'll be arrested by (fill in the blank) ...
They'll be sentenced to jail by (fill in the blank) ....

Old 04-15-2010, 05:16 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,299,758 times
This thread has gone way off-topic. Let's get back to the original discussion, with leeway to discuss general actions unrelated to this specific incident in Northern Virginia only. Incidents in Maryland and discussions of gang activity are way off-topic for this thread. Your cooperation is appreciated. Thank you.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 04-15-2010, 07:26 PM

461 posts, read 907,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara73 View Post
FairfaxGuy73,

Fairfaxunderground.com has a searchable database that compiles all the tickets and arrests that the Fairfax County Police Department has made over the last several years. The police department releases this information on a weekly basis. NakedGuy and one of his housemates were cited for being "Drunk in Public or Profane" last September. It was Labor Day weekend so perhaps there was a loud party going on at their house and the neighbors did call the police. Do you think that is unreasonable?

Also, how many individuals were living in this residence? Fairfax County has occupancy restrictions that say only a maximum of 4 unrelated persons may reside in a dwelling.

Yeah, I love that database too. It's too bad that the police have stopped e-mailing the arrest data and now put errors in order to gimp up any usage in a database, other than to figuratively peep in our your neighbors. It cloaks what the police are doing and makes it difficult for anyone to challenge their statistics.

The arrest records don't tell us if the charges were dropped for the Naked Guy, but I will agree with you on the overall picture. A bunch guys living together, probably drinking beer on weekends, and the neighbors not liking it one bit. The neighbors call the police, complain to the HOA, etc.

I would not want these folks living next to me. (Nor would I want to live next to the belligerent police wife.)

Let me ask you a question. What do you think about the police entering the the house without a warrant and with guns drawn? You know the circumstance of the missing inner pane from reading this thread. No signs of forced entry, etc. Does it seem that the police were a little cavalier with the last refuge that a person has -- his own house. Does it appear to you that the police had no suspicion of a break in, but rather used it as an excuse to get into his house. He had "evaded" them earlier by just being in his house.

Where do you draw the line at erring in favor of police abuse versus erring in favor of civil liberties?

Old 04-26-2010, 02:07 PM

Air Marshall from Herndon rapes woman. This just shows that there can be bad cops too. Unfortunately, they can carry the force of the law with them and arrest you instead of this marshal who was fortunately arrested. A reason why we should be critical of police when they appear to overstep their authority as in the case of the Fairfax Naked Guy. Herndon air marshal arrested for rape

Old 04-26-2010, 02:12 PM

They are not cops. Not even close. But why do I believe you're just looking for a fight?

Old 04-26-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
They are not cops. Not even close. But why do I believe you're just looking for a fight?
Is it looking for a fight to be vigilant about civil liberties?

Old 04-26-2010, 02:49 PM

They are still not cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia