Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 06:57 PM

1,183 posts, read 2,889,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
It's not heartening to hear that police view every female with a sleeping child in her car as a potential violent offender to be shot
Seriously? Do you think violent offenders would hesitate to shoot regardless of a child in the car. Hell, they hide cocaine in their baby's diapers. Drugged up thugs don't care about their kids. Smart police officers view everyone with healthy suspicion. Do you think cops have some kind of x-ray vision? They don't know what you might be hiding in your lap or under your seat. Stop and think about the very real dangers officers face with every single traffic stop.

Make it easier for them. Keep your hands in sight. Don't make any sudden movements. If you need to reach for your license or registration, let the officer know. Understand that with every single traffic stop, they run the risk of being shot. Just be polite. I guarantee you the officer will be every bit as polite in return.

I'm married to Law Enforcement. And both my brothers are Detectives with their local PDs. All they want to do is do their job and come home safe to their families each night. When my husband was a case agent every day he would walk in the door and I would ask "how was your day". His response..."Well, I didn't get shot at, so it was a good day".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 07:37 PM

461 posts, read 909,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippimagnolia View Post
Seriously? Do you think violent offenders would hesitate to shoot regardless of a child in the car. Hell, they hide cocaine in their baby's diapers.
Wow, so all babies may have cocaine in their diapers in the eyes of a cop.

I stick to the point that law enforcement ought to allow citizens to verify that they are who they say they are. As mentioned, in many jurisdictions, police in unmarked cars allow people to pull into lighted areas. Citizens should also be allowed to call the police to verify if this can be reasonably done.

I'd just like to point out to potential residents that we had one heck of a Fairfax Count police officer a few years ago. This great man won top award after top award for arresting drunk drivers. It turns out that he targeted drunk females at bars. He offered them release in exchange for sex. Those who refused helped make him the great arresting officer that he was. Although his list of rapes numbered in the dozens.

What was his punishment when this abuse of power was found out? He was "dressed down" by the judge for "making black men look bad." Whoah dadddy! She showed him. Police also shoot citizens with no consequences here.

Many of us are with the police and want to support them. I know that this is very personal to you. I certainly do not want for police officers to be killed or injured either. You have a privileged status so will never experience the degradation by police that many of us have experienced.

I am saying that police are losing their best friends. They are losing the trust of law abiding citizens, because they treat us like FILTH.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:52 PM

I'd like to add that I've seen police treat honest citizens like filth in a number of environments. They have been the most disrespectful in situations that were controlled, such as coming into a secured "crime" scene, rather than when they were under any threat, although they do it all.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:59 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,673,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairfaxGuy73 View Post
....I am saying that police are losing their best friends. They are losing the trust of law abiding citizens, because they treat us like FILTH.

The police don't "treat" this law abiding citizen AT ALL. I can't remember the last time I spoke to a police officer....got to be at least 30 years. Maybe because I don't drive like an idiot?

Folks that are down on the police usually drive like morons and/or can't consume alcohol without acting like a frat boy. They don't understand why they get arrested.

Just grow up and you won't have to worry about the cops...

Old 04-12-2010, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
The police don't "treat" this law abiding citizen AT ALL. I can't remember the last time I spoke to a police officer....got to be at least 30 years. Maybe because I don't drive like an idiot?

Folks that are down on the police usually drive like morons and/or can't consume alcohol without acting like a frat boy. They don't understand why they get arrested.

Just grow up and you won't have to worry about the cops...
You can't be blamed for not understanding, but you really don't get it. Just being involved in any role where the a cop comes on to a scene puts you at risk of arrest. Being a man ups your chances of arrest too. There was a time when cops used to use judgment and let people go. Now they are pushed to arrest, arrest -- anyone.

I have no tickets or alcohol issues.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:26 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,240,235 times
Quote:
It's not heartening to hear that police view every female with a sleeping child in her car as a potential violent offender to be shot. I would only suggest that police offer the same to law-abiding citizens that they allow for themselves. Why can't police leave room for citizens who are concerned for their own safety? A point that seems to be missed is that police are supposed to exist to protect _us_.
Holy crap. I read ahead a few posts and you're really on a pathetic roll aren't you. Maybe I should have spelled out a little for those a little thick in the skull. When the traffic stop occurs at night, and you CAN'T tell who is in the car, then officers can feel a little anxious UNTIL they get up there and see who is inside. Many cars today have enough tint, legal and otherwise, that makes it difficult to see inside with the windows up.

Your other posts are just to out there to respond to except to say I was an officer for over 30 years in a NOVA department. Left with many awards and letters from citizens to include to Medal of Valor's. I retired with honors if that makes you feel better knowing I was not an out of control thug who violated the rights of poor women. Even the nice lady who pulled a knife on me.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:29 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,240,235 times
Quote:
Wow, so all babies may have cocaine in their diapers in the eyes of a cop.

I stick to the point that law enforcement ought to allow citizens to verify that they are who they say they are. As mentioned, in many jurisdictions, police in unmarked cars allow people to pull into lighted areas. Citizens should also be allowed to call the police to verify if this can be reasonably done.

I'd just like to point out to potential residents that we had one heck of a Fairfax Count police officer a few years ago. This great man won top award after top award for arresting drunk drivers. It turns out that he targeted drunk females at bars. He offered them release in exchange for sex. Those who refused helped make him the great arresting officer that he was. Although his list of rapes numbered in the dozens.

What was his punishment when this abuse of power was found out? He was "dressed down" by the judge for "making black men look bad." Whoah dadddy! She showed him. Police also shoot citizens with no consequences here.

Many of us are with the police and want to support them. I know that this is very personal to you. I certainly do not want for police officers to be killed or injured either. You have a privileged status so will never experience the degradation by police that many of us have experienced.

I am saying that police are losing their best friends. They are losing the trust of law abiding citizens, because they treat us like FILTH.

Can you please show your homework here. Making these kind of statements deserve proof.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:52 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,807,497 times
I love the police and all, but it seems like there's something not right going on in NoVa. The Reckless ticket mania, plus stories like the above, the secrecy, etc... just kind of make me a little nervous. I understand that they've got to protect themselves, but.... I'll leave it at that.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Can you please show your homework here. Making these kind of statements deserve proof.
The rapist cop was all over the news. It's hard to believe that you never heard of it. Were you really a NOVA cop?

Old 04-12-2010, 08:14 AM

4,709 posts, read 12,673,674 times
Quote:
....Just being involved in any role where the a cop comes on to a scene puts you at risk of arrest. Being a man ups your chances of arrest too....
And being a wise guy REALLY ups your chances of arrest...

Just answer their questions, do what they say, and don't try to be a curbstone Clarence Darrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia