Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 01:12 PM

380 posts, read 1,062,268 times

Advertisements

There is Muslim Militantism in NoVa. They really like to get in people's faces, especially the Arab Muslims. Just observe the way they use the sidewalks. I've dealt with them in DC and Bangkok, and now Phoenix and it's the same denominators; always stinking, always anti-American. I've got a group in my hoa that drained their radiator directly onto the asphalt, and they are all on government assistance. I don't think you need Coach Shanahan to tell you it's a bright orange situation. They have handled the situation very poorly in London and I see the same in DC. Both places are huge targets.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:35 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,445,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairfaxGuy73 View Post
Well, I guess I've been an idiot. I knew that a couple of September 11 terrorists came out of NOVA and that a cleric from here recruited the airline underwear bomber. There are a number of large and growing mosques here, including one that I occasionally drive by in Loudoun County. I never felt personally threatened until now.

Someone photographed the privately owned truck of a Chantilly dump truck driver. It contained the words, "Everything I ever needed to know about Islam, I learned on 9/11." The photo, along with his license plate number, were placed on Islamic Internet sites. Eventually someone from the Council of American-Islamic Relations decided that the numbers 14CV88 on his license plate had something to do with Hitler. Huh? Anyway, now he's in trouble at work and with the Muslim world for exercising the American virtue of free speech.

I guess I'll need worry more when I see people wearing head garb marching off to mosque. Too bad. Maybe people should be taking pictures of these folks more. I don't know of any underground movement of dump truck drivers bombing buildings and airplanes.

Story: Virginia driver denies license plate had coded racist message
I'm missing something here.

You say "I guess I'll need worry more when I see people wearing head garb marching off to mosque" because a bigoted...put a hate message on the back of his pick-up truck?

Also, re: the license plate .... Virginia stamps out license to hate: DMV recalls plate with coded racist message
A photo of the truck hit the Web a few days ago, went viral on car and other blogs and finally came to the attention of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, an advocacy group for American Muslims. On Wednesday morning, the group complained to the DMV that the plate contained a white supremacist and neo-Nazi statement.

A few hours later, the DMV agreed that the plate contains a coded message: The number 88 stands for the eighth letter of the alphabet, H, doubled to signify "Heil Hitler," said CAIR's Ibrahim Hooper. "CV" stands for "Confederate veteran" -- the plate was a special model embossed with a Confederate flag, which Virginia makes available for a $10 fee to card-carrying members of the Sons of Confederate Veterans. And 14 is code for imprisoned white supremacist David Lane's 14-word motto: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children."

Last edited by FindingZen; 04-29-2010 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: watch the stereotypes...

Old 04-29-2010, 01:44 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,941,268 times
WOW.

That picture is just...there are no words. What a piece of work.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:55 PM

461 posts, read 909,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen 81 View Post
There's nothing to denounce. Why would any Muslim group defend this man? Would you expect the United Daughters of the Confederacy to support someone whose car said "Everything I learned about the South, I learned at a KKK rally"?
Well, I'll bet that you're right that it won't be denounced. Individuals in Europe get prices placed on their heads or assassinated for anti-Muslim comments. And I agree with the truck driver that the possibility that he could become the victim of violence may be fairly high.

I don't like individuals being treated this way in NOVA. It's definitely a step up in the direction of strife what we haven't seen here.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:57 PM

5,125 posts, read 10,085,417 times
Personally, I'm glad CAIR exists. Far better to have advocacy groups for US Muslims than disenfranchised residents who feel shut out of the political process. [By the way, WSJ had a story yesterday that noted that Fairfax is home to four mosques, eight synogogues and almost 60 Starbucks. Lots of folks worshipping regularly at the House of Latte.] CAIR isn't doing anything that the ADL wouldn't do in a similar situation.

As to whether DMV should have pulled the doofus's tags, it strikes me as a closer call given the competing explanations as to what 14CV88 was intended to refer to. Perhaps DMV was over-compensating for Gov. McDonnell's recent foot-in-mouth over Confederate History Month.

On the other hand, the suggestion that this guy has now has his life "ruined" because his truck went viral and his tags got pulled is a joke. No one puts a picture like that on their truck who doesn't want lots of attention. I'm sure he'll get free tickets the next time Sarah's in town as a reward.

Last edited by JD984; 04-29-2010 at 02:21 PM..

Old 04-29-2010, 01:58 PM

404 posts, read 1,094,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokemaster View Post
There is Muslim Militantism in NoVa. They really like to get in people's faces, especially the Arab Muslims. Just observe the way they use the sidewalks. I've dealt with them in DC and Bangkok, and now Phoenix and it's the same denominators; always stinking, always anti-American. I've got a group in my hoa that drained their radiator directly onto the asphalt, and they are all on government assistance. I don't think you need Coach Shanahan to tell you it's a bright orange situation. They have handled the situation very poorly in London and I see the same in DC. Both places are huge targets.

Ok.. ok... I'm not exactly an Islamic defender here, but the behavior you just described is in no way exclusive to muslims. That sort of behavior is that of people from a Third World country, or even many rednecks (save the anti american part, unless you mean hostility directed towards urban or traditionally liberal areas such as California). It just so happens that many muslim immigrants are coming here from some third world hole. Of course, that also isn't exclusive to muslims, as most immigrants come here from a much worse situation, otherwise there wouldn't be much drive to emmigrate from their homeland to begin with.

That being said, I do not agree with trying to push fundamentalist islamic values on our society, any more so than I agree with pushing fundamentalist christian values. Basically the only difference is christians don't seem to take it so personally when the law tells them to get bent, whereas some *fundamentalist* muslims seem to take as though we've offended their god or religion somehow.

In terms of religious extremist violence, I believe the country needs to take a hard line in dealing with it. If they're an immigrant and convicted, deportation should be immediate. IF they're a citizen, they should be treated as though they committed a "hate" crime, which generally carries a far larger punishment than traditional convictions.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:03 PM

461 posts, read 909,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
I'm missing something here.

You say "I guess I'll need worry more when I see people wearing head garb marching off to mosque" because a bigoted...put a hate message on the back of his pick-up truck?
No, that there's some creep running around taking pictures of cars in the region and posting them world wide and opening them up to well-known violence. That I'm realizing that there are segments of our Muslim community (that have included radical clerics and Sept 11 terrorists) that are active against citizens in a personal way.

For me, it's kind of a waking up, that "Hey, people could start getting assassinated here." Or have their lives ruined, etc. Again, I was naive. I will be more aware of the Muslim community here from now on.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:04 PM

404 posts, read 1,094,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
WOW.

That picture is just...there are no words. What a piece of work.

Looks like ole douglas may also be a threat to our fine citizens, if this is him, he has a DWI back in 2001

Ticket/Arrest Search Results

and a link to a fact finding jalopnik article about the fine man :
http://jalopnik.com/5527225/update-n...ctually-racist

Last edited by Jesco White; 04-29-2010 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: added jalopnik article

Old 04-29-2010, 02:29 PM

660 posts, read 1,704,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairfaxGuy73 View Post
For me, it's kind of a waking up, that "Hey, people could start getting assassinated here." Or have their lives ruined, etc. Again, I was naive. I will be more aware of the Muslim community here from now on.
I think someone who covers their entire truck with an extremely bigoted message is asking for publicity. Assassination, no, but cmon, it's hardly an innocent gesture to advertise your bigotry.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:31 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,941,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesco White View Post
Looks like ole douglas may also be a threat to our fine citizens, if this is him, he has a DWI back in 2001

Ticket/Arrest Search Results

and a link to a fact finding jalopnik article about the fine man :
UPDATE: Non-Racist NASCAR-Loving Truck Owner Actually Racist - License Plate - Jalopnik
Seems like a classy dude. That facebook page is a mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia