Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 01:46 PM

7,493 posts, read 7,168,905 times

Advertisements

Thanks, but mainly due to the issues you have highlighted, I am interested in feedback on top loaders, specifically the following:

MVWB750W
MVWB450WQ
MVWB750WQ
MVWB750WR
MVWB300W

Quote:
Originally Posted by srahx View Post
I have had 2 sets of the Kenmore elite HE frontloaders. My first set had a "sanitize" cycle where it upped the water temp to sanitize clothes. I think the steam feature in the newer models (like my new one ) is supposed to be similar to that. I haven't used the steam in the washer. I have used it in the dryer and it is awesome for getting out wrinkles.

The wash cycles are very long (for both sets that I owned) and that is a drawback.

I usually leave my washer door ajar and often the drawer for the detergent. The only mold issues I ever had in my old set was in the detergent drawer. I have read things that say to periodically run either vinegar or bleach through the washer. I don't ever get smells from the washer that translate to the clothes and any smells I do get are gone once I leave the door open for a day. If you leave a wet load in the washer overnight, it is going to stink.

If you have a lot of vibration from your machine, you might want to check that it is level. That will greatly affect the amount your washer "walks" when it is spinning out. they are very loud during the spin cycle regardless of the vibration- sounds like an airplane taking off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 01:51 PM

After looking at the selection, condition, and price, think I can get just as good of a price or better on exactly what I what either through Home Depot with their movers coupon or when Sears has their Friends and Family promotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srahx View Post
As for the SEARS outlet- I believe you can search their inventory online on www.sears.com - you can choose which stores you want to search and you would just check the Potomac Mills store. Also, I believe there is an outlet in Baltimore as well. The outlet stores do not always have the special financing that the regular stores offer so be sure to double check - their sales aren't always the same as the regular SEARS sales. Often I will see appliance ads on craigslist for appliances sold at the potomac mills store so check your local craigslist for front loading washers.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:49 AM

So anyone that can provide some feedback on the following models:

MVWB750W
MVWB450WQ
MVWB750WQ
MVWB750WR
MVWB300W
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia