Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2010, 10:54 AM

5,759 posts, read 10,719,093 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are looking at a house in North Arlington that's about 4 houses around the corner from a 7-11.

We're worried about how noisy this would be--not just from customers but also from deliveries.

Anyone have any firsthand experience?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 01:22 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingtonian View Post
My wife and I are looking at a house in North Arlington that's about 4 houses around the corner from a 7-11.

We're worried about how noisy this would be--not just from customers but also from deliveries.

Anyone have any firsthand experience?

Thanks!
There is a 7-11 on every corner in Northern VA. You'll have to be more specific.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:38 PM

The one I refer to is at Lee Hwy and George Mason.

(I'd have thought they'd all be about equal noise-wise.)

Old 05-27-2010, 01:43 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
It depends upon the 7-11, no joke. Some are not bad at all, like the one on Wilson, near the Safeway, whereas others tend to be magnets for loitering. North Arlington will tend to have less of that phenomenon, however, since residents would be less likely to tolerate any quality of life issues.

As to deliveries, they're generally at night, but it's usually just one large McLane truck that makes the majority of deliveries, though I think there might be some smaller delivery trucks as well.

I know that 7-11, and it seems to be fairly quiet on Lee Highway. The hospital would actually be the more nosiy neighbor in the neighborhood. Traffic will be a bit higher because of the 7-11, but not unduly so, since there's already a good deal of traffic at that intersection. It's a convenient location, near Harris Teeter, some restaurants, and such, so I'd check 7-11 at a couple of random times at night, if you have time, say over the weekend, and that would give you a good indicator. However, I would not foresee the presence of that 7-11 in that particular neighborhood as being a reason to stay away.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 05-27-2010, 02:46 PM

Thanks! That helps a lot. I will definitely try to check it out at night.

My worry is mainly with the rumbling diesel engines of the delivery trucks at night or early morning. (If only they were restricted to business hours or early evening.) I also would be worried about customers' car engines at night.

It's a mystery to me why anyone would use this 7-11, as there's a Harris-Teeter and a Safeway right around the corner, both of which surely have better prices and selection.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:53 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,487,576 times
maybe it's really a brothel

Old 05-27-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
maybe it's really a brothel
That would explain why guys keep going in to ask for a "Slurpee."

Old 05-28-2010, 03:20 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingtonian View Post
Thanks! That helps a lot. I will definitely try to check it out at night.

My worry is mainly with the rumbling diesel engines of the delivery trucks at night or early morning. (If only they were restricted to business hours or early evening.) I also would be worried about customers' car engines at night.

It's a mystery to me why anyone would use this 7-11, as there's a Harris-Teeter and a Safeway right around the corner, both of which surely have better prices and selection.

Because safeway and harris teeter close at night. pluls people buy lottery tickets at places like 7 -11..

It also depends on the the 7-11. I live near a 7-11 that's in a very nice building in Clarendon.THere's no dedicated parking, and I really doubt they do night deliveries to disturb the building's occupants,unless it's really soundproof.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:57 AM

This H-T is open 24 hours. And this 7-11 has parking out front.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia