Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2022, 01:07 PM

5 posts, read 3,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta1064 View Post
Crews are digging up land directly east of the first constructed building. So development is progressing, right?

Wow, directly East. Here I thought they would have developed Phase Two just south of the existing building because the buildings look identical. The renderings show a slightly different styled footprint of that building. Maybe they'll have better thought-out floorplans.

Either way, glad they rejected our offer almost 2 years ago. I'm pretty sure I'd have buyers remorse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2022, 05:27 AM

166 posts, read 286,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Calumet41 View Post
Wow, directly East. Here I thought they would have developed Phase Two just south of the existing building because the buildings look identical. The renderings show a slightly different styled footprint of that building. Maybe they'll have better thought-out floorplans.

Either way, glad they rejected our offer almost 2 years ago. I'm pretty sure I'd have buyers remorse.
Right, maybe they’ll have better floor plans, especially balconies (a critical missing feature).

Interesting your offer was rejected.

Old 11-07-2022, 04:38 AM

2,156 posts, read 5,488,415 times
Default Rosebud Steakhouse Open!

Rosebud Steakhouse is now open at Centennial Village and is definitely a welcome addition! The food tastes just as great as the Chicago location that I have frequented several times.

I know the owners are planning a big expansion (to roughly 30 more restaurants by 2024). I hope the quality remains great!

Overall, Centennial Village is shaping up to be a nice development. The lack of true balconies for the condo units (especially given the very high prices) is still irritating; however, units have sold so there's folks who don't care about that.

Old 11-22-2022, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
Rosebud Steakhouse is now open at Centennial Village and is definitely a welcome addition! The food tastes just as great as the Chicago location that I have frequented several times.

I know the owners are planning a big expansion (to roughly 30 more restaurants by 2024). I hope the quality remains great!

Overall, Centennial Village is shaping up to be a nice development. The lack of true balconies for the condo units (especially given the very high prices) is still irritating; however, units have sold so there's folks who don't care about that.
What’s the plan for more retail stores? No major names have been announced at this point. And, yes, the lack of true balconies suggests questionable design planning. People are satisfied just looking out their windows…ok. But I’d love to get feedback from those who purchased units in the first building.

Old 12-12-2023, 10:24 AM

Thumbs up Tapestry Collection by Hilton

High-end European-style Hilton Tapestry Collection hotel coming to Munster

This hotel will definitely be the nicest in NWI and a main anchor for this development.

This Town of Munster Planning Commission Staff Report shows more renderings as well.
Attached Files
File Type: webp 657772bcf1256.webp (80.4 KB, 13 views)

Old 12-13-2023, 07:25 AM

277 posts, read 442,124 times
Default Windy City Social!

Owners of Rosebud are adding to the Centennial Village area with building Windy City Social at the corner of 45th and Calumet. Love seeing additional places for a night out! Will this be another "bottle service club" atmosphere? I'm not finding a whole lot of press on this other than what NWI Times is putting out there.

https://www.nwitimes.com/news/state-...1e58eb174.html

Old 12-14-2023, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iidreamtheaterii View Post
Owners of Rosebud are adding to the Centennial Village area with building Windy City Social at the corner of 45th and Calumet. Love seeing additional places for a night out! Will this be another "bottle service club" atmosphere? I'm not finding a whole lot of press on this other than what NWI Times is putting out there.

https://www.nwitimes.com/news/state-...1e58eb174.html
Yea, I saw that this was just posted. Looks like it will be really nice. I doubt it will be a bottle service type place; however, it will likely be similar to Sips & Stones Lounge and Eatery in St. John (but much bigger). More loungey but not quite clubby. I personally do not mind a lounge or club atmosphere; however, I know that because the owners will definitely want to make sure this place does not have any risk of getting shut down, they will likely be leaning more towards a lounge atmosphere. I am excited either way!

Old 12-17-2023, 12:25 PM

71 posts, read 227,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
Yea, I saw that this was just posted. Looks like it will be really nice. I doubt it will be a bottle service type place; however, it will likely be similar to Sips & Stones Lounge and Eatery in St. John (but much bigger). More loungey but not quite clubby. I personally do not mind a lounge or club atmosphere; however, I know that because the owners will definitely want to make sure this place does not have any risk of getting shut down, they will likely be leaning more towards a lounge atmosphere. I am excited either way!
I thought I heard that it is going to be targeted at 20 and 30 somethings as a "beach" environment. That doesn't sound very windy city to me, but anything in that area is better than nothing.

Old 02-10-2024, 02:41 PM

I thought Centennial Village would have more national brand-name commercial establishments like Burr Ridge Village Center in Burr Ridge, IL. What exists now are more independent businesses. The Indianapolis Blvd commercial centers in Highland and Schererville are getting these businesses. Also, Centennial Village should have much more progress at this point.

Old 02-15-2024, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta1064 View Post
I thought Centennial Village would have more national brand-name commercial establishments like Burr Ridge Village Center in Burr Ridge, IL. What exists now are more independent businesses. The Indianapolis Blvd commercial centers in Highland and Schererville are getting these businesses. Also, Centennial Village should have much more progress at this point.
One of the benefits of Burr Ridge Village Center that Centennial Village does not have is that it is location right off of two major thoroughfares in the Chicagoland area (I-55 and I-294) and located in and within close proximity to relatively wealthy areas. This is extremely good for visibility for national chains. Centennial Village while located in a relatively upper income area in Munster also has areas in close proximity where the demographics may make it less appealing for some national retailers who are not familiar with the area and are looking purely at the numbers and not at the many nuances that would make a location for them rather appealing. That being said, the overall makeup of the clientele in Centennial Village are nicer and more upscale offerings than what NWI as a whole has and it is nice to see independent businesses able to thrive especially as the rents are not cheap in that development. I do think a couple upscale chains would provide a good balance. I do agree that the development should be further along than it is. IF the housing component was purely rental vs owner occupied, I could guarantee that the other 3 buildings to complement the current condo building would be developed and fully occupied. The prices of the units right now even with the attractive 10-year tax abatement are just not very affordable. Despite this, I believe that the town would rather the development (residentially) grow more slowly with owner-occupied than rapidly with renter-occupied (even though this would be market-rate+ for sure). Also, commercial financing overall is tough right now so a lot of lenders have tightened up. I still see good progress overall as far as new developments in NWI go as compared to other ones that are slow to develop (Shops 96 in St. John) or yet to be developed (Fountains of Crown Point and The Galleria Crown Point). I do find it interesting that the Indy Blvd/Main St area is attracting more mall/outlet retailers such as Macy's now as well as Victoria Secret and The Buckle along with Express which has been there for a few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana