Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2016, 06:04 PM

143 posts, read 217,996 times

Advertisements

Is Precision out of business? I know that they have sold both of their Winfield developments (Deer Creek Esates and Summertree to Ryland), so I am wondering what is up with all that? I also noticed that their website is for sale. If they are out if business, what will happen to Stonebridge Estates in Schererville? Is there any current interest in finishing the development of that subdivision? And also, what builder/developer do you envision finishing the subdivision? There are still quite a few lots left, and it is a nice subdivision, so it would be a shame to have the remaining lots sit there as a pile of weeds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 08:47 PM

2,157 posts, read 5,492,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daze55 View Post
Is Precision out of business? I know that they have sold both of their Winfield developments (Deer Creek Esates and Summertree to Ryland), so I am wondering what is up with all that? I also noticed that their website is for sale. If they are out if business, what will happen to Stonebridge Estates in Schererville? Is there any current interest in finishing the development of that subdivision? And also, what builder/developer do you envision finishing the subdivision? There are still quite a few lots left, and it is a nice subdivision, so it would be a shame to have the remaining lots sit there as a pile of weeds.
I think that Precision may be winding down but not fully going out just yet. But I could be wrong. They are still building homes in Stonebridge right now. The problem with Precision (in my opinion) is that their styling and finishes, although nice, were very conservative and traditional and to an extent, many of their home plans were dated and have been around for 20 years with no updates to them. Literally, the same housing styles built when White Oak Estates was first developed in 1994 are the same ones they are using today with only a few newer (and by new, I mean within the past 5-10 years) floor plans. I know their commercial division struggled heavily after the Great Recession and also because they do not use union laborers, they had been shunned by many people. Stonebridge will definitely get fully developed at some point; however, some of the newer homes will definitely stand out more from the others as the subdivision is pretty uniform due to being all by one builder.

Old 03-11-2016, 07:43 AM

277 posts, read 442,624 times
I'm actually astounded that Stonebridge isn't finished by now. It must be a testament to Precision being the builder and the economic downtown preventing them from being progressive to finish it up. Being so close to the Shops on Main corridor as I've begun to call it, these lots should have been gobbled up a long time ago.

This is a hot spot in the area. Olthof's new Pennington, and Village Circle West Phase (which is I believe Providence is developing now instead of Olthof?) is happening just southwest of here. I would imagine Stonebridge wanting to keep the obviously more grand scheme to be a much higher price tag than the Olthof/Providence combo just down the street, but it would take some new vision to get the wealthier in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
View detailed profiles of: