U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2008, 09:55 PM

34 posts, read 171,503 times

Advertisements

Were can you go in Northwest IN because I have hit alot of bars here but it seems that thier is really no one in thier 20's at the bars I go to because I am just getting kind of bored with the bars I go to. I know thier really isn't a nightlife in NW IN but if you have any info about good bars or good places to go, to get a good drink with some friends. My friends asked me to post cause we feel a little out of place because we are in our 20's and everyone else is in thier 30',40's, and beyond. So any Information would be apperciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by regionrat1; 02-20-2008 at 09:58 PM.. Reason: Spelling errors and some sentences didn't make sence
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 07:12 AM

17,696 posts, read 38,067,411 times
There may be some more people your ages if you go over to Valpo. But for the most part, most you young-uns go into Chicago for fun.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:10 AM

58 posts, read 220,167 times
Domergurl is right...downtown Chicago is where it's at. The only bar I'd recommend is The Registry. There is one in the Crown Point square and I think a new one in Chesterton/Valpo area. The one in Crown Point routinely has radio disc jockeys and other guests stop by.

But nothing compares to Chi-town...

OPSMAN

Old 02-21-2008, 12:30 PM

34 posts, read 171,503 times
Thank you I love Chicago and the bars and I have been to some over thier the registry was one but the reason I ask about Indiana was because its still a smoking area and in bars in Chicago you can't smoke but the info about crown point I apperciate it.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:11 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,027,411 times
Cavanaugh's and Woodhollow (both in S'ville) tend to get younger crowds. People 26+ might feel like senior citizens there. Those crowds are a bit too young! The social scene here in NWI sucks. Going to the city and back is a pain, but there's nothing in the region that can offer a experience. There was a place in M'ville called Hooligans' not sure if it's still open.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,795 times
Default New idea!

You could learn salsa, west coast swing and make every place your own dance club! My wife and I have gotten a lot of great social use from dancing, even before we met and even in my 20's!
Try out the ballroom in Westville just outside of Valparaiso. Great teachers and a fun place. It's called Dance Unlimited.

Old 05-11-2016, 12:37 PM

119 posts, read 132,870 times
Resurrecting a 8 year old thread? Funny I read the previous posts and my how things have / haven't changed. 2008, I was 22 Registry in CP was great bunch of under 30 people and DJ's on the weekend. Now, you can still smoke (unfortunately at pretty much every CP strictly bar establishment)... but not much of a crowd at Registry outside of typical big bar nights (NYE, St Patty's, Black Wednesday)

Old 05-11-2016, 04:10 PM

2,887 posts, read 6,343,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra86 View Post
Resurrecting a 8 year old thread? Funny I read the previous posts and my how things have / haven't changed. 2008, I was 22 Registry in CP was great bunch of under 30 people and DJ's on the weekend. Now, you can still smoke (unfortunately at pretty much every CP strictly bar establishment)... but not much of a crowd at Registry outside of typical big bar nights (NYE, St Patty's, Black Wednesday)
Brand new user, cut em some slack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana