Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 02:31 PM

17,357 posts, read 14,613,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Indiana View Post
Question: Does anybody know what is going on with the new Foxmoor subdivision (off of Rt. 30) that is both in Schererville and Merrillville? I realize that the economy is bad so there will not be building for a while, but has it been completely abandoned now or what? I only see two townhomes at present.
It's actually Merrillville.

Both townhomes are still for sale - no lots or proposed construction though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 02:59 PM

2,156 posts, read 5,488,415 times
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
It's actually Merrillville.

Both townhomes are still for sale - no lots or proposed construction though.
Really? According to this article, there was supposed to be 51 single-family homes on the Schererville side

Broadmoor developers expect M'ville OK today

Of course that is over 4 years old and a lot could have changed between then. But thanks for the information anyway! I hope it does not just stay another undeveloped subdivision. (although if the land is sold to another developer, most of the infrastructure would already be in place)

Old 03-29-2010, 04:13 PM

815 posts, read 2,997,078 times
Foxmoor is in both Schererville and Merrillville. Most of the subdivision is Merrillville though. The lots are currently being marketed and are for sale. The streets are in, and new homes can be built. I know this because the listing agent is my broker. He built and owns the townhouses (they are for sale), they are spec houses (there pretty nice).

Like most anywhere, sales are going slowly. It isn't in trouble and will get built out at some point.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richb View Post
Foxmoor is in both Schererville and Merrillville. Most of the subdivision is Merrillville though. The lots are currently being marketed and are for sale. The streets are in, and new homes can be built. I know this because the listing agent is my broker. He built and owns the townhouses (they are for sale), they are spec houses (there pretty nice).

Like most anywhere, sales are going slowly. It isn't in trouble and will get built out at some point.
Those townhomes are listed by C21 ... are we talking about the same place?

Old 03-29-2010, 07:30 PM

811 posts, read 2,336,414 times
I agree with the previous posters who stated that you don't have to settle on Merrillville with a price range of 140-170. Without a doubt you can find a decent house in that price range in towns with better school systems and closer to work for you and your husband. Dyer St John and Schererville should be your focus, as Munster is typically priced at about a 25% premium based on what I've seen. Just not worth it in my opinion.

Maria B. it's great to see you're liking the move to Merrillville, but the stats clearly show that it's just not a good school system, and most would agree it's a town in decline.

Last edited by svillechris; 03-29-2010 at 07:49 PM..

Old 03-30-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Those townhomes are listed by C21 ... are we talking about the same place?
Nope, your right, I didn't notice another one got built, the one my broker built is sold already. The duplex lots are being sold individually in Foxmoor, so any builder could show up in there. Should help it from looking all alike. Guess I should take a ride past there, I guess there is more going on there after all.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svillechris View Post
I agree with the previous posters who stated that you don't have to settle on Merrillville with a price range of 140-170. Without a doubt you can find a decent house in that price range in towns with better school systems and closer to work for you and your husband. Dyer St John and Schererville should be your focus, as Munster is typically priced at about a 25% premium based on what I've seen. Just not worth it in my opinion.

Maria B. it's great to see you're liking the move to Merrillville, but the stats clearly show that it's just not a good school system, and most would agree it's a town in decline.
The OP posted over two years ago. She is probably not going to look at this . (The post date is in the upper left hand corner of each post).

Old 03-31-2010, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Nope, your right, I didn't notice another one got built, the one my broker built is sold already. The duplex lots are being sold individually in Foxmoor, so any builder could show up in there. Should help it from looking all alike. Guess I should take a ride past there, I guess there is more going on there after all.

Well, it sure as hell doesn't help that they use the name "fox" in everything ... Foxwood, Fox Chase, Fox Run, Foxmoor ... c'mon developers, time to use another animal.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Well, it sure as hell doesn't help that they use the name "fox" in everything ... Foxwood, Fox Chase, Fox Run, Foxmoor ... c'mon developers, time to use another animal.

Even worse is when they use the same name on different subdivisions in different towns. Pine Hill, OK, is that the one in Schererville or the one in Crown Point? Neither of them have that many pines and both have no hills. Or that Highland has two Highland Terraces, the older one north of the town square or the newer one near the Meijer's. Plenty of these places had names before they became subdivisions,,,,, why don't they use those names more instead of the generic, I have wondered. It would more unique in my book.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Even worse is when they use the same name on different subdivisions in different towns. Pine Hill, OK, is that the one in Schererville or the one in Crown Point? Neither of them have that many pines and both have no hills. Or that Highland has two Highland Terraces, the older one north of the town square or the newer one near the Meijer's. Plenty of these places had names before they became subdivisions,,,,, why don't they use those names more instead of the generic, I have wondered. It would more unique in my book.
I agree that the names of subdivisions in the area and locating them is sometimes confusing! It also doesn't help that in many older subdivisions, there is no subdivision sign to give non-natives a clue as to where a certain one is located. Especially in Munster where there are about a million (unconnected) River Drives and as many segments of Walnut Drive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Northwest Indiana