Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2010, 09:12 AM

60 posts, read 244,675 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Hawaii in a few weeks and unfortunately, due to the time we had to go (military orders), we haven't quite completed the 120 waiting period yet for the animals (one cat, one dog), which means they will have to be in quarantine for a few weeks and not eligible for direct or airport release. Because they have to be in quarantine for a period of time, we are required to register the animals with a vet hospital prior to arrival and designating that hospital on the import forms. I don't know which one to pick so I am asking if anyone has any suggestions from the approved lists, whether it is one to avoid or one to select.

Thanks in advance!

(approved list)
http://hawaii.gov/hdoa/ai/aqs/Approv...0JULY%2009.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 01:24 PM

63 posts, read 205,087 times
You might want to check out Island Pet Movers for help. Their website says they specialize in Military Transfers and have a military discount. I learned about them online form some folks who were very happy with them, so I bookmarked the page (I haven't had any experience personally - I'm still quite a ways from planning a move)

Old 08-05-2010, 02:03 PM

20 posts, read 51,043 times
I would do that. Island Pet Movers seems to be what you are looking for!

Old 08-05-2010, 08:55 PM

682 posts, read 2,787,934 times
My regular vet is on the list... The Pet Clinic (TPC). I love the vets there, but I've never kenneled my pets there so I don't know what their facilities are, but their doctors and staff are really great.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:25 AM

60 posts, read 244,675 times
Thanks! The hospital designation is just in case of an emergency and the quarantine folks can't take care of the medical issue, they need to be able to take the animals somewhere and you apparently have to be pre-registered.

I'll check with the Island Pet Movers, too.

Old 08-11-2010, 02:28 PM

3,168 posts, read 5,505,727 times
DO NOT use Animal Hospital of Hawaii on Castle St. I was referred there from my vet in FL because she knew the guy. He was an absolute jerk and had the most horrible bedside manner. I wouldn't recommend anyone ever go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu