U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 03:14 PM

55 posts, read 168,736 times

Advertisements

I help many people out in regards to their moves to Hawaii, and I try and get as much information from locals as much as I can. I recently helped a very nice and quiet couple find a beautiful little 2 bedroom house in Hanalei. I now have a client who is interested in moving to Oahu. They reside in Orange Count and LOVE ITm, and have never had any problems or complained about the traffic too much. However, they hate LA with a passion, and how conjested everything is there, as one of my clients commutes there quite frequently for work. My question is, is there a place that would be close enough to movie theaters, beaches, restaurants, but away from the chaos and massive traffic of Oahu. They are very nice , but quite reserved as a couple. They tend to enjoy the finer things in life. They are looking for a beachfront GUARD GATED community. They also have two young girls and would need to be fairly close to schools like Iolani or Punahou. They have, what many would call, "unlimited funds"(his company last year took in 67 million dollars alone)! Where would be a good place I could begin to look for real estate for my clients? Would Kahala be a good place?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 03:35 PM

117 posts, read 511,171 times
there are no gated beach front communities. there's hawaii loa ridge, but thats on a ridge overlooking the ocean.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:59 PM

4,919 posts, read 21,034,950 times
well there are gated communities that are along the beach but since the beach is public, can;t keep people away from the beach. What is that gated community where disney is putting up their resort? Its gated with guards but if you pull up and say your going to the beach, the whole Crips and Bloods can drive right on in.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:49 PM

^ They would mostly like to find a nice house full of oppulance(movie theater, yoga studio, game room, indoor sports court). The guard gated community though is paramount for my couple. They are obsessed with safety.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:55 PM

1,178 posts, read 5,589,705 times
Default Gated Communities

East Oahu Gated Communities | Hawaii Life

http://www.myhawaiischool.com/Black_Point/Black_Point1.htm (broken link)

Old 12-20-2010, 04:58 PM

285 posts, read 1,006,406 times
Ko'Olina, is the community near the new Disney Resort.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:10 PM

1,412 posts, read 2,945,924 times
The "problem" with Ko"olina is there are no custom homes here. The are single family homes, but nothing like SurfDad is seeking. Kahala or Lanikai?

Old 12-20-2010, 06:49 PM

Will traffic be a problem for them in Kahala?

Old 12-20-2010, 08:35 PM

285 posts, read 1,006,406 times
Please forgive me for being rash, but for someone who "helps" people relocate to Hawaii you dont seem to have a wealth of information for your "clients". I saw your post on the thread about bringing pets to hawaii and again, you were way off base with no information. People on here are more than glad to answer questions or help in any way. But, for someone who has "clients" relying on your personal knowledge and information you might want to try to do a little more personal research and become a bit more knowledgable. And to answer your question: depending on the time of day traffic can be and is bad coming from Kahala and back to Kahala, but not so bad as other locations. You can also do a google search of webcams in Honolulu and watch live traffic cams as well as still shots, and see what the traffic is really like. The local news is also available on the internet with local traffic, and weather updates every 9 minutes. Once again sorry for being rash. Have a Very Merry Christmas.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:48 PM

117 posts, read 511,171 times
no problem for kahala residents.

that section of black point thats gated is technically not "beach" front, its a rocky beach/cliffs. and there is no guard. they'ed have to look at hawaiiloa ridge, waialae iki for those "oppulent" mansions thats gated and guarded.

there are really no gated beachfront communities on oahu
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu