Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 06:15 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,908,567 times

Advertisements

It seems a lot of people suggest hotels have day passes - but nobody every suggests a specific hotel - I don't think anyone on the beach really does that. Certainly not Starwood or Hilton which dominate the beachfront properties on Waikiki.

Your best bet is right in front of the Outrigger in front of Duke's - chair's and umbrella's right on the beach to rent - and if you are hungry, you are steps away from food to go - another hint, if you drink - grab some plastic cups and go to the ABC store, a lot cheaper that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 04:40 PM

134 posts, read 516,785 times
My friend and I did made our own Tour of 50 Beaches while I was there- all public, but a lot of them were empty or only had a few people hanging around! Which side of the island are you looking to go to? I've been to some on all sides and can definitely recommend a few!

Old 12-06-2011, 11:01 AM

1,178 posts, read 5,942,741 times
Check this discussion about renting beach gear:

Beach chair and umbrella rentals - Honolulu Forum - TripAdvisor

Old 12-06-2011, 02:59 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,099,516 times
Why not just walk over to the beach in front of the Hale Koa? The consession stands there rent chairs, and you can eat at the little hamburger stand there at the Hale Koa. Save more money doing that than driving all the way over to Ko'olina. The beach is good for kids as well.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:18 PM

134 posts, read 516,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthraco View Post
Why not just walk over to the beach in front of the Hale Koa? The concession stands there rent chairs, and you can eat at the little hamburger stand there at the Hale Koa. Save more money doing that than driving all the way over to Ko'olina. The beach is good for kids as well.
Because there are 128 beaches on Oahu and I can only think of one that was grosser than Waikiki. So much trash and way too over-populated. During the week, in the early afternoon, there isn't a soul at Hukilau, Keawaula Beach, or Malaekahana. Maybe a few at Kaiona Beach Park. All the above are gorgeous in their own ways and you never have to fight crowds or worry about stepping in a dirty diaper.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:19 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,099,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXLara View Post
Because there are 128 beaches on Oahu and I can only think of one that was grosser than Waikiki. So much trash and way too over-populated. During the week, in the early afternoon, there isn't a soul at Hukilau, Keawaula Beach, or Malaekahana. Maybe a few at Kaiona Beach Park. All the above are gorgeous in their own ways and you never have to fight crowds or worry about stepping in a dirty diaper.
Thanks, but read the thread.

The OP lives only 2 blocks from Ala Moana Beach Park and didn't want to drive, or be gone for too long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: