Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2011, 11:54 PM

22 posts, read 83,987 times

Advertisements

Zillow ad link: 451 Nuhua Street, Honolulu, HI 96815 - Zillow}

My request for info was answered below and I responded (first email paragraph below) with several questions and never got any answer. Seemed that the ad was bogus and my intent to BE there, "turned them off" and they would have prefered an idiot to send them money. NO WAY, w/o SEEING first the place as I said below, back to them.
Be wary...anyway

Dear Jimmy,
The apartment at Napili Towers , per Google, is on NAhua Street, versus NUhua Street. Correct? Please tell me.
Not complaining on the rent cost at all, but, why is the rent so much LESS than others there? Most are $1500-1600 and UP. Please tell me.
Napili Towers is under renovation. Is THIS apartment completed or due to be done? Please tell me.
What FLOOR is it located and which view direction does it face, and is there a lanai-balcony ? Please tell me.
Is a 12 month, " renewable annual lease" an option, at this $750 monthly price? Please tell me.
Are there / is there ANY "extra" cost for "anything, such as HOA/maintenance, or, do YOU pay those? Please tell me.
My desired move in date would be in (date) 2012.
IF this can be leased 12 months renewable, I would prefer FIRST visiting the apartment, WITH you, perhaps in November, to
actually SEE the place, building, meet YOU, and ALL of the building. I would "visit" maybe one week and would stay elsewhere on that trip.
At that time, I would see and sign the lease, and make the necessary first month rent for February, and , deposit.
Since I live on the east coast of he USA, the visit must be done since we do not know each other at all, and, there are many scams on the internet. No offense.

Please respond to the above and I await your answers.
Thank you!

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]From: (their email) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]To: (my email)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2011 6:00 PM[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Subject: Apartment Update[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
Hello Jepeers

Apartment Amenities;
The apartment is still available for lease and located @451 Nuhua Street, Honolulu, HI 96815. The apartment is well furnished with modern furnitures, Complete kitchen facilities, King size bed, Air Conditioning system inclusive, Controlled Access, Professional Maintenance available when needed, Generous Closets,Washer/Dryer, Microwave, Cable TV, DVD player, water, gas, electricity are all included in the unit..The building also has fitness and health center in it and an High speed Internet Access (Wi-Fi). Cooking Utensils Provided...( Dishwasher) etc. All utilities included.

Also included in the building are laundry section, fitness and health center, Elevator as well as Garage.The environment is calm, safe with the police patrol team, Public transportation close.

Monthly rent: $750.00
Security Deposit: $750.00
Bedrooms: 1.0
Baths: 1.0

If you don't mind, I would like to know a little about you---- like where you are presently located, what you do and your exact move in date?. I apologize for being personal but I need to have a little idea of whom is looking to rent my property.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 11:31 AM

52 posts, read 158,993 times
I searched 96815 for you and they are in the 1,000 (Aloha Palms) to 3,000 range (Ilikai). You might have missed out on a good deal or avoided a possible scam. Hard to tell.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:53 AM

3,752 posts, read 11,468,014 times
You got vague answers because the landlord wants to rent now, not 4+ months from now.
I wouldn't waste my time meeting you in November for a vague 2012 move in date either.
(Don't take it personally)

Old 09-28-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdand3boys View Post
You got vague answers because the landlord wants to rent now, not 4+ months from now.
I wouldn't waste my time meeting you in November for a vague 2012 move in date either.
(Don't take it personally)

Actually, no answers at all were given (to this moment) on questions of clarification, as the site "feedback" question/comments box, had the full specific move dates stated, not repeated for the forum post. All the supposed ad lister said to that, was repeating the ad. In addition, the bldg site 2 floorplans for a 1/1 do not match the ad photos, galley kitchen layout, and amenities. EACH apt has a w/d NOT floor laundry. Cirrus Asset Management, Inc.
Lastly, the price was low to entice someone to make a distant cash deposit. The ad has been on zillow 121 days. If a "great" deal, it must have eluded me. Awww! Apparently, it was/is/never, snapped up! The exteriors of the ad photos for the adjacent buildings(??) do NOT match any Google search at any views. Many more fact checks, do not balance. Business is business, not personal. Thanks for the inputs.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit808 View Post
I searched 96815 for you and they are in the 1,000 (Aloha Palms) to 3,000 range (Ilikai). You might have missed out on a good deal or avoided a possible scam. Hard to tell.

Thank you. Actually, location is one thing, sure, but IS the apt as stated and IN that building?! I have contacted Cirrus Management with questions and await their answers. Ads photos and floorplans for the bldg do not match a 1/1 floorplan there or the adjacent bldg style/color either. No evidence of a lanai ,exterior to the living room area, or, other facts not clear. IF the ad was "hot" it has been on Zillow 121 days. Typical rent is $1695 and up, per the management company site.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:50 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,088,590 times
I was going to mention who manages that building, but you already figured it out.

Perhaps this thread would be better served by complaining to zillow. Because other than letting us know that scams are out there...not really sure what you are getting at?

Honestly, the best way to get a place here is by having a temporary spot while you search for a place to live in person. I stayed at the castle ocean resort in wakiki while looking, very reasonable rates. Others chose vrbo places. Either way, this advice has been posted over and over. Pretty sure jeepers creepers got the same info.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthraco View Post
I was going to mention who manages that building, but you already figured it out.

Perhaps this thread would be better served by complaining to zillow. Because other than letting us know that scams are out there...not really sure what you are getting at?

Honestly, the best way to get a place here is by having a temporary spot while you search for a place to live in person. I stayed at the castle ocean resort in wakiki while looking, very reasonable rates. Others chose vrbo places. Either way, this advice has been posted over and over. Pretty sure jeepers creepers got the same info.

Of course. That will happen. However, getting information from many sources is effective too. In addition, eliminating garbage locations, reduces time wasted there , as well. Too. some here may fly by the seat of their pants and a few have alluded to even purchasing, sight unseen (in person) ! Amazing. Zillow does nothing. Not "getting at" anything, just providing info experienced. Caveat emptor.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:44 PM

52 posts, read 158,993 times
Jeepers, try AHRN.com. It is a bit better than zillow and realtor.com.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit808 View Post
Jeepers, try AHRN.com. It is a bit better than zillow and realtor.com.
Thank you ! Danke schon, Merci' beaucoup et, Muchas Gracias!!
Aloha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: