Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2011, 11:19 PM

117 posts, read 344,053 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Has anyone from Honolulu ever been to any of the following international cities, which appear based on photographs to be similar in appearance to some parts of Honolulu:

1. Gold Coast, Australia

2. Durban, South Africa

3. San Juan, Puerto Rico

If so, how similar was the actual climate and feel to Honolulu?

Which city in the world is most similar to Honolulu?

Thanks,

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 11:35 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,894,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevechang103 View Post
Hello,

Has anyone from Honolulu ever been to any of the following international cities, which appear based on photographs to be similar in appearance to some parts of Honolulu:

1. Gold Coast, Australia

2. Durban, South Africa

3. San Juan, Puerto Rico

If so, how similar was the actual climate and feel to Honolulu?

Which city in the world is most similar to Honolulu?

Thanks,

Steve
I can speak to 2 of the 3 places as I've spent extensive time there.

Gold Coast, Australia - I've spent months in Brisbane. Brisbane has a distict winter feel to it - night temperatures in the upper 40's are common - I don't believe Honolulu has ever been in the 40's. Also, the humidity is high in the summer which is rare in Honolulu. It also rains a lot more in Brisbane.

San Juan, Puerto Rico - spent a lot of time here also - temps are similar, but that is where it stops - summer in San Juan is a sauna, and the heavy rain and constant threat of tropical storms/lightening don't make this a good comparison to Honolulu either.

South Africa - never been.

They call it the best weather on the planet in Hawaii for a reason - moderate temps all year and generally low humidity makes it a very unique place.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:55 AM

4,131 posts, read 7,440,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post

They call it the best weather on the planet in Hawaii for a reason - moderate temps all year and generally low humidity makes it a very unique place.
Low humidity when it's sunny and the tradewinds are blowing yes, but both times I went to Honolulu it was rainy and humid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: