Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2012, 10:40 PM

536 posts, read 1,538,548 times

Advertisements

I'm a cnc set up operator who has been running a 3 axis cnc router the last year cutting out profiles on composite/metal panels that are eventually made into high tech, ultra light, ultra tough aircraft cabinetry. The year before that, I ran and set up 3,4,5 & 6 axis cnc machines making aerospace parts. I also graduated with two certificates: Machining Technology and Composite Technology and learned how to write programs and used to know CATIA. Just wondering about the possibility of finding work in Hawaii. My brother is now at his 2nd trip to Hawaii and raves about it so I'm just checking out anything. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 01:48 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,436,685 times
Aloha,

I think you'd probably have a better chance of getting the info you want by checking Job Listing boards and Craig's List.

I wouldn't be surprised if you don't find much. There's not a great deal of manufacturing in Hawai'i.

Good luck!

Old 12-25-2012, 12:56 PM

11,050 posts, read 24,028,301 times
Try Pearl Harbor, the service shops which maintain the military's ships and such are probably the biggest machine shops we have in the state. They are probably the only ones who could use that level of expertise but you may find a machine shop scattered here and there who could use a lower level of expertise.

For awhile I was running a three axis router, but that was just for cutting signs out of wood so there were no real tolerances on it or anything tricky. It was great fun, though.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:12 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,826,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Try Pearl Harbor, the service shops which maintain the military's ships and such are probably the biggest machine shops we have in the state. They are probably the only ones who could use that level of expertise but you may find a machine shop scattered here and there who could use a lower level of expertise.

For awhile I was running a three axis router, but that was just for cutting signs out of wood so there were no real tolerances on it or anything tricky. It was great fun, though.
Agree, go on USAJOB.Gov and look for positions at the "Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility." You should also go online and look at the Honolulu Shipyard.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: