Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2013, 12:13 AM

1,730 posts, read 3,811,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyjamesart View Post
I can see you really care about people's health, and I'm sure once you realize you are unfairly targeting a minority group simply because you disagree with what they do, you will realize the hypocrisy and come over to the side of freedom and civil rights for all.
I do care. I even care about YOUR health, and hope that should the thought ever cross your mind that you'd like to learn more about quitting smoking, that you take advantage of the offers of help that are available.

Not everyone that gets lung cancer was a smoker, because even non-smokers get lung cancer. But an exceptionally sad addition to the diagnosis of lung cancer is when the patient was a smoker, and they realize that they increased their odds of getting a life-threatening disease by their behavior. The tobacco industry makes their dangerous tobacco products high in addictiveness, it is such a heartless thing they do to the public. Thankfully, the state of Hawaii invests $$ in fighting back (thanks to the state having a fund paid by the tobacco industry, won in a settlement).

Margery Bronster! ["In 1995 she was appointed as the first woman to hold the office of Attorney General of Hawaii for a full term. During her tenure in the Democratic administration of Governor of Hawaii Benjamin J. Cayetano, she won the state a multibillion dollar Master Settlement Agreement from tobacco companies."]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 12:23 AM

26 posts, read 29,808 times
And it's true, it's wrong to target and single out minorities and to take their rights because you don't agree with their lifestyle. That's why we here in Hawaii fight for individual rights. Whatever your race, sex or creed, we will stand up for your rights because if we don't, no one will stand up for ours. I'm proud to be part of such a diverse community that can appreciate and celebrate each others differences with love and respect.

I want to thank everyone that continues to participate in this thread and are fighting for smoker's rights in Hawaii and across the world. Keep up the great work!

Old 02-15-2013, 12:44 AM

1,392 posts, read 3,052,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCity View Post
I do care. I even care about YOUR health, and hope that should the thought ever cross your mind that you'd like to learn more about quitting smoking, that you take advantage of the offers of help that are available.

Not everyone that gets lung cancer was a smoker, because even non-smokers get lung cancer. But an exceptionally sad addition to the diagnosis of lung cancer is when the patient was a smoker, and they realize that they increased their odds of getting a life-threatening disease by their behavior. The tobacco industry makes their dangerous tobacco products high in addictiveness, it is such a heartless thing they do to the public. Thankfully, the state of Hawaii invests $$ in fighting back (thanks to the state having a fund paid by the tobacco industry, won in a settlement).

Margery Bronster! ["In 1995 she was appointed as the first woman to hold the office of Attorney General of Hawaii for a full term. During her tenure in the Democratic administration of Governor of Hawaii Benjamin J. Cayetano, she won the state a multibillion dollar Master Settlement Agreement from tobacco companies."]
Yet another AWESOME post.

Quote:
And it's true, it's wrong to target and single out minorities and to take their rights because you don't agree with their lifestyle. That's why we here in Hawaii fight for individual rights. Whatever your race, sex or creed, we will stand up for your rights because if we don't, no one will stand up for ours. I'm proud to be part of such a diverse community that can appreciate and celebrate each others differences with love and respect.

I want to thank everyone that continues to participate in this thread and are fighting for smoker's rights in Hawaii and across the world. Keep up the great work!
You really need to stop saying that you are a minority. Perhaps a "minority" in the sense that most people are too smart to smoke and so you are "in the minority" by embracing a stupid habit, but you are not actually "a minority".

A whiner, yes. A minority? Puhleeze.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:26 AM

49 posts, read 132,864 times
Default Human Beings and Hawaiian Smoke Shack

Hey Everyone, Aloha kukui oi awe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiloDiver View Post
From you of all people, now that's just good comedy humor.
I would like everyone to know that HiloDiver does NOT know me. I only responded to your remark because you said he/she/it. Awe! It? Ahe, shame. Maybe you're not really aware of how much you hurt people; well I am hurt, it is painful what you're doing and no one but a mean person finds it funny. I'm not saying you need to be as sweet as that chocolate I got yesterday, but really, what does that kind of thing earn? It?

You know how they say that if someone is about to kill or rape you, that you describe who you are so that they may stop attacking you? I am a Human Being: I am a 5'4" tall 150lb blonde haired, green eyed woman with three daughters and I can't count how many cousins. I like to wear dirty jeans and a new t-shirt and most of my tennis shoes have patches.

If you actually live in Hawaii and need a friend we're at Starbuck's every morning, usually with friends. Feel free to come up and talk to us. I play a little light tennis, but I know people in just about every activity there is, 1 just joined a chess club, we've already got a little investment group starting research.

As it pertains to this thread, the hawaiian smoke shack; which we were discussing is a great name because then we could sell the local smoked meats; pork, sausage and fish that local people catch and smoke along with the tobacco, sage and whatever other smoke-able products we can get away with. I don't smoke the funny stuff but some of the people I've met do and have already been applying for business licenses and name patents in anticipating of the illegal smoking stuff becoming legal.

It is my intention, being on city-data forum, to get help, give help and I intend to stay in Hawaii and on this forum long term.

Last edited by 1hotnspicy1; 02-15-2013 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: To add my intentions

Old 02-15-2013, 10:27 AM

1hotnspicy, you have made very hostile comments online about/to me in the past, despite knowing me. Deleted by mods, so I can't quote them. That is why I wrote "from you of all people". Look in the mirror at your own actions, babe. Believe me, I have no interest in meeting you...thank you for posting exactly where I may avoid you.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:27 AM

49 posts, read 132,864 times
Wow, false about 'hostile comments', I've only posted retorts to the mean-ness. And, listen, I tried to make friends. But if someone chooses to stay in their cocoon of mean-ness, I hope they become better at it.

Really, I'm not anyone's "babe"; jack.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:10 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:

By this logic meth should be legal.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
By this logic meth should be legal.
LOL, true!

Old 02-15-2013, 02:43 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I think the OP is going to be very disappointed that his "minority" will be losing more rights.

Our townhouse project just instituted a no smoking policy on the whole property. I'm guessing this means no smoking in the house too? Honestly, if I had bought the property and was a smoker I'd be pissed. This seems to be very common in California.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:38 PM

892 posts, read 2,392,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I think the OP is going to be very disappointed that his "minority" will be losing more rights.
Fine by me! The very fact that someone would say "my employer pays for my insurance" as some defense of their smoking not affecting others just goes to show how little people often understand about public health or how health care costs are distributed in the USA. *sigh*

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: