Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 12:17 AM

8 posts, read 59,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kani-lehua View Post
if you choose ewa beach, ....
you should really consult with a realtor on other areas to consider such as aiea, salt lake/stadium and moanalua. also, are you able to disclose a price range for a home?
Thanks for the info - our top amount would be 450K. From what I've seen on the net, we may be renting! I have pets (4 smalls furbies) so renting is harder. It's not been an issue in Germany but American landlords are not as pet oriented as Germans are!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 12:32 PM

850 posts, read 4,363,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdogdazed View Post
Thanks for the info - our top amount would be 450K. From what I've seen on the net, we may be renting! I have pets (4 smalls furbies) so renting is harder. It's not been an issue in Germany but American landlords are not as pet oriented as Germans are!
you really should work with a realtor. he/she could also help with trying to find a rental and/or purchasing a home.

as far as the fur babies: i don't know why landlords have such a problem?! being one myself, it's never been a problem. except, the animal would need to be indoors (have 4 dogs indoors/outdoors and 4 cats indoors only of my own). our current and past tenant each have had a cat and we have had few if any problems. the only thing is that a jalousie was broken--the tenant paid for it's replacement.

good luck!

Old 01-20-2008, 02:08 PM

8 posts, read 59,918 times
Smile kani-lehua

[quote=kani-lehua;2569659]you really should work with a realtor. he/she could also help with trying to find a rental and/or purchasing a home.

Yeah - We plan on that. The fur kids are indoors. 3 cats, 1 small dog. It will be interesting.

Imdogdazed

Old 01-21-2008, 01:47 PM

501 posts, read 1,191,787 times
We moved from Dallas, Texas to Hawaii back in 2004, and absolutely loved it!! We lived in Aiea, in LelePono Condos, which was just across from PearlRidge Mall. Great access to all roads, quiet neighborhood for the most part, with the exception of the weekend swap meet. and a beautiful view of the harbor. We found it was easier to go through a property mgmt company than searching ourselves. The place we rented was 729 sq ft and we paid $1400/mo with utilities included. We would have definitely stayed in Hawaii, but my husband's job got us transferred back to the mainland. The place we were renting ended up being sold for about $400,000 just as our lease was up. Good Luck!!

Old 01-27-2008, 04:49 PM

5 posts, read 20,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdogdazed View Post
Hey there Bluebullet - we too are heading to Hickam (a bit later than you - July). How is the search for info going? We've just started looking. Any insight would be appreciated.

Stuff we are looking at:

Safe neighborhood - quiet -
Patio area (love to BBQ!)
Garage (a must)
Reasonable commute to Hickam
Would like to buy - House not condo
Hi Imdogdazed,

Researching is coming along slowly, but I'm either going to live on base, windward side, or downtown in Honolulu. My sponsor was telling me that Ewa Beach's traffic is miseable. I, too, am looking for a garage as well because of my car. He (sponsor) also told me that almost every one in the unit had a fuss of a time dealing with housing (on or off base) so we weren't be the first. Make sure you sign up on AHRN.com to give you a list of places to rent or buy. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll see if I can get more answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu