Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2013, 10:17 PM

163 posts, read 313,719 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of any? I've tried to find a zoning map for the schools and I did locate one, but it doesn't have the communities on the map. It looks like a pretty large area on the map, - the mountains. Here is the map that I found...Find mySchool on O'ahu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 10:38 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,482,525 times
Kahala, Maunalani Heights (up Wilhelmina Rise), Aina Haina and just about all of Kaimuki are in the Kalani HS district. All four of these areas are really safe with some of the best public schools in Hawaii. If you rent of buy in these areas, be prepared to fork over some real money. These areas aren't cheap.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Kahala, Maunalani Heights (up Wilhelmina Rise), Aina Haina and just about all of Kaimuki are in the Kalani HS district. All four of these areas are really safe with some of the best public schools in Hawaii. If you rent of buy in these areas, be prepared to fork over some real money. These areas aren't cheap.
Thanks so much!
Geeze your telling me! Would this neighborhood be in the right location?WAIALAE NUI VALLEY HOME

Old 07-04-2013, 11:33 PM

Waialae Nui is a very safe neighborhood. Near lots of restaurants and Kahala Mall. The three public schools for that area are:

Wilson Elementary (very close by)
Kaimuki Intermediate
Kalani HS

All three of those schools are good Hawaii public schools.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:41 PM

I called the schools today. Basically each of them told me they didn't have a map That I could give them an address and they could look it up for me. They said they had a list of street names but they can't give it to me...sorta stinks. I told them I would be in touch...a lot lol.

I'm also looking at Moanalua district. Do you happen to know of any good neighborhoods zoned for that high school?
She said some of Salt Lake is in it but Salt Lake Blvd is not. Moanalua Gardens is in it and the street names that start with Ala ____ and then followed by another word.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:13 PM

Along Salt Lake Blvd, it's the Radford HS District.

Salt Lake and Moanalua (including Moanalua Valley) neighborhoods are in the Moanalua HS District. I have two cousins who lived in Moanalua Valley and they went to the public schools in that district. Moanalua HS and the other schools in the district are better than average, but I think your kids "might" feel more comfortable in the Kalani, Kaiser, or Kailua school districts.

Salt Lake has lots of apartments. If I had to choose between the two (three) neighborhoods, I would choose Moanalua (Valley). I'm not sure you would feel the same way, tho. The neighborhood is a bit cliquish. Seeing that you folks are new to Hawaii, you might not like that.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:20 PM

Oh yes, I would prefer to avoid a cliquish neighborhood. I don't usually have problems fitting in but given the newcomer circumstances we would rather avoid that. Our family is pretty down to earth, it will be our first big move and I'm hoping for the easiest transition possible. I'll look more into rent in that area when we've been there a while! Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: