Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 05:02 PM

163 posts, read 316,627 times

Advertisements

Ok so out of the info I've got from the 2 previous posts the MOST alarming thing is the PUBLIC RESTROOM...OMG... I don't know what I will do! I have IBS. Could you imagine??!?!! I'm totally stressing now. Not only for me but POTTY TRAINING too! Wow still stressing...

I have road rage but I do not blow horns. Hopefully after a while I will adjust to the slower pace of life Might even tack on a few extra years to my life!

Wow to the cab commercial! Tutu funny

I will check out the demographics and my son needs to go thru his knives. I'm thinking he has some larger than 6" and some butterfly ones too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 05:50 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,436,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klein5 View Post
I have road rage but I do not blow horns.
OK, but just remember, all guns have to be registered with the police within 3 days of arrival.

Quote:
I will check out the demographics and my son needs to go thru his knives. I'm thinking he has some larger than 6" and some butterfly ones too.
Yes, it is surprising to some, but in Hawai'i butterfly knives are placed in the same category as switchblades. You can legally wear a dive knife in a sheath on your belt, but a butterfly knife in your pocket can land you in the pokey.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:30 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,668,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klein5 View Post
Ok so out of the info I've got from the 2 previous posts the MOST alarming thing is the PUBLIC RESTROOM...OMG... I don't know what I will do! I have IBS. Could you imagine??!?!! I'm totally stressing now. Not only for me but POTTY TRAINING too! Wow still stressing...
I wouldn't say NO public restrooms. Places like Target, WalMart, Costco, Safeway, etc. have public restrooms. Also the fast food places. On the Big Island, when we drive from Na'alehu to Hilo, I always stop at the Hawaii Volcano National Park and use the restrooms at the visitor's center (we have an annual parks pass).

Old 07-15-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
I wouldn't say NO public restrooms. Places like Target, WalMart, Costco, Safeway, etc. have public restrooms. Also the fast food places. On the Big Island, when we drive from Na'alehu to Hilo, I always stop at the Hawaii Volcano National Park and use the restrooms at the visitor's center (we have an annual parks pass).
For those who don't have a park pass, the restrooms around behind The Volcano Store at Haunani Rd and Old Volcano Rd are open to the public. Ditto the Cooper Center on Wright Road.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:10 AM

1,730 posts, read 3,810,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthraco View Post
We got lucky with the bins because a friend of ours was coming over for vacation and agreed to let us pay for the containers to go with their "allotted" 2 bags per person. We made sure they were packed well, and duck-taped them shut for travel. The first 2 bags were $25 each, after that it goes up to $50 each. I would check with the airline you are picking to fly over on.
Due to security rules, luggage must be accessible for inspection. Gone are the days of taping closed your boxes, because if they want in, they will cut through the tape and not reseal it to what is probably your satisfaction. Try using instead luggage belt straps, which can be fastened to the box or container, yet keeping the ends free for opening and closing. (Be sure to securely fasten them to the box/container, otherwise there is a good chance the strap will not arrive with the luggage ... I'm getting there must be a big pile of straps left on the floor at the end of each shift.)

Old 07-16-2013, 12:14 AM

4 posts, read 6,803 times
ReloCubes were designed to make
your move convenient and affordable.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:15 AM

163 posts, read 316,627 times
Umm checked the Upack relocube... for 1 cube from Alabama to the terminal in Honolulu is 4,000. For door delivery its 4390. Just sayin...

Old 07-16-2013, 11:47 AM

1,014 posts, read 2,099,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCity View Post
Due to security rules, luggage must be accessible for inspection. Gone are the days of taping closed your boxes, because if they want in, they will cut through the tape and not reseal it to what is probably your satisfaction....
Good point. One of our bins did get inspected, but it was taped back up and nothing was missing or damaged.

The nice thing about the bins is that we still use them to store things.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthraco View Post
Good point. One of our bins did get inspected, but it was taped back up and nothing was missing or damaged.

The nice thing about the bins is that we still use them to store things.
Voice of experience here...

Two things about bins... you need to use the heavy duty poly bins that are a little flexible (Roughneck), versus the rigid "resin" storage bins (Sterlite), which can shatter if dropped.

Second, yes use buckle straps to secure the lids to the bins, then run tape around the sides of the bins to secure the straps to the bins. This way TSA can open them if they wish, then close them securely, and the straps will not get lost.

Plus, print out your full contact info in big type and place it on top of everything, in each bin, in case the tags get separated. It has happened to me, and doing this has saved my bacon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu