Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 05:37 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,760,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
We like to look way far in the future when we're old and wrinkled and sitting on the beach...
It's no picnic, trust me! LOL, "sitting on the beach" is even getting harder. I take a chair or stand.
OTH, wrinkles...who cares?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 05:59 PM

163 posts, read 314,128 times
If you gotta sit somewhere my first choice is the beach! Our family vaca is Saturday. Destin, Florida here we come

Old 07-29-2013, 04:34 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,760,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klein5 View Post
If you gotta sit somewhere my first choice is the beach! Our family vaca is Saturday. Destin, Florida here we come
Hawaii will seem cool and dry after Destin. Love the Bass Pro Shop there. Don't miss it!

Old 07-29-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Hawaii will seem cool and dry after Destin. Love the Bass Pro Shop there. Don't miss it!
For sure will!

Old 08-21-2013, 09:59 PM

Default Trial Trip and Update

First, let me say I am on my iPhone. Please excuse any grammar errors. We got back from our annual family vaca to destin, fl. It was a great trip. We took the kids to the usual places the beach everyday, the track, restruants, shopping etc. We did a zip line- totally fun and some other cool stuff. With that a few weeks ago and then coming back and starting school and my daughter's gymnastics practice schedule moving up to 4 days a week, I've been a little busy and haven't been posting. I've been stalking but no posts lol.

Anyways, so here I am
My husband just booked a round trip flight to honolulu next week! He will be staying at the friends ( aka dude ) house with him. He hopes to check out some areas we may be interested in as well as confirming work, and that he likes it there and thinks we will too. He leaves on Wednesday morning. His trip was $900.00 total. That price was the best for a few weeks and we checked and compared booking it different ways such as one ways etc.

Update on the licensing board-
Well, his application did not get reviewed by the cutoff date. Not too surprised by that. Next meeting for that is in October. Hopefully, after he gets back home from the trip he will be able to find work around here while we wait.

Lots of what if's in our plan. Fingers crossed it all works out
Hoping all is well with all of you there!
~Aloha

Old 08-22-2013, 04:40 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,199,905 times
Let me know if he wants to swing by the Waterfront in Ewa. Jeff and I will be happy to give him the grand tour!

Old 08-22-2013, 05:13 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,537,372 times
And don't forget one of Oahu's other landmarks, the Hui Femme Nu! Lots of fine artwork on display there, at convenient hours!!!

Always trying to help

Old 08-22-2013, 07:55 PM

Thanks Hunterseat & Junjohann! Anything else interesting he should check out? I need to find time to search the forums.
The guy he's staying with said something about 'running' to Maui to check on a job too. I'm sure that would be a quickie trip.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:34 AM

11,048 posts, read 23,873,855 times
Auwe, Jungjohann! Behave yourself! Klein5, pay no attention to that! Argh! Hide your hubbies eyes and don't mention it to him, either. Club Femme Nu is a topless bar over near the convention center. Still, I suppose it is almost a landmark. It was there before the convention center so I suppose the center can't even complain about it.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:31 AM

Wow didn't even have time to google that yet hotzcatz! Haha he'll probably skip that one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu