Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2014, 04:08 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
You've got a bit more time on your hands - what am I bitter about again?

And here I thought I was enjoying this bright, bright, sunshiny day.

Enjoy the present - don't dwell on the past, it isn't healthy and will consume you. That is my advice of the day for you.

Here is a big smooch for my favorite couple, HBH and OpenD, cut from the same cloth.

For someone so loved and revered, try to not be so defensive.

Johnny Nash "I Can See Clearly Now" (Original) - YouTube
Wow the guy cockaroaches something from what others have been saying for months and you guys act like he invented it. Sorry truth hurts but viper doesn't have a deep bone in his body. Like ive said b4 to you whtviper1, you need to earn your pono and respect. Not by cockroaching or by your class or privilege. Intil then your just a popular poser.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:11 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,816,051 times
Like I said earlier, many here get off on fighting with each other.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:17 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times
@OpenD

What your describing is spirit of intent. And i agree its hard not to be defensive when his spirit of intent is so obvious. Further it also helps if people weren't supporting his behavior.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:17 PM

749 posts, read 852,769 times
Opps, how do I keep missing those memos about The Contest? The one where we see how many Hawaii forum threads can get one of those cute little padlock thingys - is the winner the last one to post?? I think so. Here's my try....oh what is the prize again?

I know, it is to convince folks this is a nasty, bickering and race-centric state, cool, hope it works cuz I like it here and do hope it does not get any more crowded.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:01 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,260,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Great game son you have nothing to feel ashamed about. Maybe next year another parent said. I dont understand said some other voices. As the annoucements for the final positions on the prestigious highschool basketball team was called out. Wow i cant believe it said another person. Because that night a junior unknown walkon 6'0 kid scored 30 points, had 6 assists, 2 rebounds and 4 steals and out played everyone but no one knew who he was but he didnt make the team but heck life is unfair! Maybe if you worked harder yeah!

Sorry son you wont be able to complete your training and graduate with your BUDs class. We unfortunatly found a genetic anomolly we didnt find when you were recruitted that disqualifies you. Sorry life just isnt fair. Maybe if you worked harder huh!

Sorry hon, i love you more then life itself, you have never treatted me better like a princess, but i just dont want to live paycheck to paycheck. Life is unfair, maybe if you worked harder huh!

The report said that he is an excellent parent, took parenting classes was responsible in being a good parent and establishing his rights, will make an great parent. The court orders full custody to mother, with visitations 2 to 4 hrs a week. Sorry life isnt fair, maybe if you worked harder huh!

Wow you know i really dont want to go to college hbh but they offered me a fulltime scholership because im a fullblooded indian my grades suck thou, but im going anyway because i have nothing better to do. Sorry Mr hbh you have a 3.0 gpa but you dont have enough blood to qualify. We have loans and finacual aid for you. Gee life isnt fair, maybe if you worked harder huh!

Oh the many voices of whtviper life isnt fair, maybe if you aplied yourself harder etc etc. Lol is it earning or is it privilege?
I'm not quite sure what the above is supposed to be -- it seems "custom-tailored" to elicit a snarky response of some sort from whtviper1.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:08 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,260,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
I have to respectfully disagree with OpenD and Hawaiian By Heart on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Hey, now what did Jonah just say about this phraseology?
Whenever a sentence begins with "no offense intended," it often serves as a warning that what follows will be offensive. Similarly, whenever someone uses "with all due respect," it often serves as a warning that they will be disrespectful. McFrostyJ changed "with all due respect" to "respectfully."

Quote:
If a bully wants to rehabilitate himself in the public eye, it can be done, but it will take some diligence in curtailing their innate negativity, automatic criticism, the snark, the intended insult. It won't happen overnight. But if it is earnestly desired, it is a worthy choice to make in the name of personal growth.
Maybe his "Safeway sweetheart" can help in that "rehabilitation."

Old 11-18-2014, 05:57 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,910,958 times
Quote:

In point of fact I am revered for my wisdom by people who actually know me, and I am loved by many. .
Oh, revered and loved one - where shall we start.....

Quote:

he's never shared anything about the joy of living, or how much he enjoys the life he has, or what makes him happy, outside of winning at poker.
My bad. Please accept my apologies. I thought it was the Hawaii forum regarding relocation - not the tell us your joyful tales and my personal experiences on what makes me happy. Blushing now, I hadn't known everyone had taken such an interest in my well being and happiness - yay!!

Quote:

The closest to it may have been a long time ago when he said he loved Maui and he'd love to live there but he couldn't afford to, because he had to work (from memory).
Let me help with the memory. I don't live in Maui as my work requires me to live on Oahu. I suppose I could retire - but golfing everyday would get a bit old and I'm still a youngster and enjoy challenges and accomplishments - not ready to be put out to pasture. How nice to share with everyone - whew, that feels good!

Quote:
but when I shared that I love to just sit in the rainforest and watch the honeycreepers and other birds for hours at a time, and that I was grateful that after a long time working, starting the week after my Junior year in high school, I had the time now as a retiree to do that, he ridiculed me for it.
Well - I have to say, reading that again, it does read pretty ridiculous. You want me to be honest don't you? You wouldn't want me to say I'm touched by that when I'm really not. Gosh, who has time to sit around for hours at a time watching birds - most of us have things to do. But hey, it is the Happy forum after all - gosh, what am I thinking!!!! Well good for you - when shall I come over to watch the honeycreepers with you and watch birds hours at a time - that sounds like so much fun! Do we at least picnic? Dinner, candlelight, drinks?

Since you are retired here is an oldie but goodie for you.

Dick Van Dyke -- Put On A Happy Face - YouTube

Old 11-18-2014, 06:00 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,910,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
I'm not quite sure what the above is supposed to be -- it seems "custom-tailored" to elicit a snarky response of some sort from whtviper1.
I couldn't follow any of it - definitely stumped me, hard to offer a snarky response - It was kind of like watching the movie, A Beautiful Mind.......

Old 11-18-2014, 06:06 PM

749 posts, read 852,769 times
Quote:
Jonah... as Charles Bukowski said, "A dirty mind is a joy forever. "
What?? That can Not be right. Wasn't he always saying things like "I must save Sarah" and "Stay in the car, not that again!"

Wait......no...... that was Charles Bartowski (Chuck), my bad, carry on........

Old 11-18-2014, 06:19 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,816,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
Whenever a sentence begins with "no offense intended," it often serves as a warning that what follows will be offensive. Similarly, whenever someone uses "with all due respect," it often serves as a warning that they will be disrespectful. McFrostyJ changed "with all due respect" to "respectfully."
Thanks to you Jonah K, I didn't need to change it this time because this time, I used the correct word!

Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu