Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 01:00 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times

Advertisements

You want traffic nightmares - wait until that rail construction gets close to downtown - it will be mighty painful for a long time and it is already hard at the end of the day to leave downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 01:53 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
You want traffic nightmares - wait until that rail construction gets close to downtown - it will be mighty painful for a long time and it is already hard at the end of the day to leave downtown.
That's what I was saying.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-18-2016, 11:14 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,253,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Haven't been to town for a while, I didn't realize the pillars and stuff were going in. The farthest I saw was HomeDepot area in PC.

Now that they are withdrawing traffic has improved some Ewa/Waipahu.
The pillars are also going in down Kam Hwy by the Aloha Stadium heading toward the Arizona Memorial.
And digging the holes to put the pillars in, down the street from my Townhouse near Pearl Ridge, on Kam Hwy. Noisy all night long, Sunday through Thursday night, for the folks who live closer to Kam Hwy than i do!! Feel sorry for them.
Glad to hear its getting a little better in Eva now that there are finishing up there!

Old 03-20-2016, 10:35 PM

195 posts, read 668,901 times
Honestly, traffic here is nothing compared to other cities I've lived in. I used to sit in traffic for 3hrs on sunday nights in Chicago; Seattle was possibly worse. In Minneapolis it used to take me 70mins to get six exits on the hwy not to mention the 40mins it took to get to that point. In Wilmington, NC the only way to get anywhere was two worse versions of the current Kam hwy here; I could not turn left out of my parking lot for 19 hours a day. Been here for over 3 years and still don't see what everyone complains about.

Old 03-21-2016, 02:54 AM

1,892 posts, read 2,532,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conroy25 View Post
Honestly, traffic here is nothing compared to other cities I've lived in. I used to sit in traffic for 3hrs on sunday nights in Chicago; Seattle was possibly worse. In Minneapolis it used to take me 70mins to get six exits on the hwy not to mention the 40mins it took to get to that point. In Wilmington, NC the only way to get anywhere was two worse versions of the current Kam hwy here; I could not turn left out of my parking lot for 19 hours a day. Been here for over 3 years and still don't see what everyone complains about.
But how long, distance wise, was your commute? Ex. if it takes someone 1.5 hours to commute 15 miles from Ewa Beach to downtown, you have to compare a 15 mile commute in those other cities, not a longer commute.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:41 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
I lived up in the valley on Likelike, and my BF at the time wanted a good liquor store so he went to Ward around 6:30pm on a week night. It took him an hour and a half because of traffic. When we looked up the miles it was 11 miles round trip.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-13-2016, 10:57 PM

19 posts, read 18,984 times
Well where I'm from in DC, the traffic is MUCH worse. However, there is traffic here and you just have to learn to go with it.

Old 04-14-2016, 01:37 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,246,839 times
Oahu will eventually turn into the next Hong Kong

Old 04-14-2016, 01:54 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post
Oahu will eventually turn into the next Hong Kong
Hong Kong is one of my favorite cities. Stunning skyline. Great public transportation network. Oahu can learn from Hong Kong how to build up rather than the current low rise massive sprawl.

Old 05-07-2016, 03:56 PM

361 posts, read 398,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
Personally, I think that number should be lower??

Honolulu listed in top 10 cities with the worst traffic in U.S. | KHON2
Hawaii has the worst traffic because some of the people here don't know how to properly merge onto the freeway, or are texting / looking at their phones while driving. I even drive to town for work in the early morning, and the slowpokes who are holding up the line are talking on their phone or see wahines putting on their make-ups while driving.

Then if you looked at my other thread, there are clue-less lollygagger/slow-pokes who don't know that the left lane of the highway is for faster traffic. Hence they tend to hold up traffic on the highways such as Pali, Likelike or either of the major freeways here on Oahu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: