Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 02:57 PM

2,481 posts, read 2,233,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told from several people that the homeless population has a lot to do with mainlainders buying homeless people in their city one-way tickets to Hawaii. Especially people in San Francisco
I dont believe that...but my older brother was a Social Worker in 1969 in California...Federal Govt set welfare cash payments and food stamp allotments by individual states..Hawai'i paid the highest cash/ foodstamp amount..
So many deadbeat surfers bought one-way tickets to Oahu..bennies were so simple to get..first thing they did after stopping at The Welfare Board ( now Social Services..I think) and signing up..they headed to the North Shore...only luggage was a Longboard.

They lived off the land ....meaning robbing the Locals veggie plots and chicken coops..

One (among many) reasons locals hate Mainlanders..
especially the Cali-Phonies. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 04:51 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,660,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
you snorted milk out of your nose?
Good! oh Lawdy! you certainly made my Day...

Just picturing some wrinked old Haole lady with milk running down her Hilo Hattie Mumu..
but of course, I wasn't thinking of you...per se.
WTF???? Again????? What IS it with you?????

I really do look forward to meeting you some day in person. I'd love to teach you young whippersnapper a thing or two. Then maybe you can go pick on someone else.

Old 06-26-2017, 05:02 PM

Meet me? of course ..I will buy you a Prune Juice Mai Tai..

Old 06-26-2017, 05:06 PM

11,049 posts, read 24,014,485 times
Does a prune juice mai tai have a purple paper umbrella in it? It would just about have to, wouldn't it?

It does look like the OP has vanished. I wish her well, but for her own sake, hopefully with diabetes and a small daughter she's found a less expensive place to live than Oahu.

Old 06-26-2017, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Does a prune juice mai tai have a purple paper umbrella in it? It would just about have to, wouldn't it?

It does look like the OP has vanished. I wish her well, but for her own sake, hopefully with diabetes and a small daughter she's found a less expensive place to live than Oahu.
true Dat...It is a good thing to dream, but with OPs pre-existing limitations..a move to Oahu is certainly not in the cards for her.

Purple Umbrella is good for the Prune Mai Tai.. ..the Tiki Bar I go to offers a 15% discount if you show your 'Life Alert' Button at the door.

Help..I've fallen..and I can't shut up!'

Old 06-26-2017, 06:34 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,556,636 times
drink enough of that one, and you probably get mean runs, and not of the marathon variety

Old 06-27-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rya96797 View Post
drink enough of that one, and you probably get mean runs, and not of the marathon variety
I can only hope...

Old 06-30-2017, 11:45 AM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
WTF???? Again????? What IS it with you?????

I really do look forward to meeting you some day in person. I'd love to teach you young whippersnapper a thing or two. Then maybe you can go pick on someone else.
This is pretty funny considering he's retired. You don't look around or do any research before you post. Most don't, so you're not the only one. In the end, it's all on you.

"Stupid is as stupid does." Forrest Gump's mom.

Old 06-30-2017, 12:03 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,660,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
This is pretty funny considering he's retired. You don't look around or do any research before you post. Most don't, so you're not the only one. In the end, it's all on you.

"Stupid is as stupid does." Forrest Gump's mom.
I figured he was a young whippersnapper because he's always calling me old.

I don't know what you mean by "you don't look around or do any research before you post". I've lived on the Big Island for seven years, so I think that I've done plenty of "looking around". All of my posts have been from the perspective of actually being there and experiencing life. I don't know why all the hate

Old 06-30-2017, 04:37 PM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
I figured he was a young whippersnapper because he's always calling me old.

I don't know what you mean by "you don't look around or do any research before you post". I've lived on the Big Island for seven years, so I think that I've done plenty of "looking around". All of my posts have been from the perspective of actually being there and experiencing life. I don't know why all the hate
You assumed. You're the one who called him a young whippersnapper.

I've lived in 6 states and one European country, and I know that I don't know everything about any of them.

I dropped hate years ago. It takes too much energy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: