Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 08:47 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,572,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
Agree with ohmanon...YoungTraveler2011 and Actionkid47 I believe are two different posters.

Actionkid47 is definitely the guy that posted his trash talk on Craigslist. Detroit this, 8 mile, screw yo' momma/ girlfriend..

Just another 'Wigger' like M&M and Trump loving Kid Rick...Middle Class 'Snowflakes' trying to be all Ghetto..Sad.

YT2011 is just having a bit of fun wit' y'all. :-)
I have always enjoyed his posts.

"Wigger".?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2017, 12:35 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,829,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
Thanks for asking, mi amigo...
We lucked out big time..power was only out for a short time when a Norfolk pine took a fall.
Damned Gringos planted them awhile back.. just like the Sugar Haoles planted them at Waimanalo ..

I will be there last week of September, but my FIL who retired to Ponce in 2002 has been up to check things out..
I Plan to be in Oahu, in Mid Oct..(might swing over to Maui to visit a new' friend' I met here on C-D. heh -heh :-) )

I hope they didn't suffer.
Dude! You miss me! And you want to play some more? Let me think about it.
Mahalo brah! I've missed you too!

Old 09-16-2017, 06:41 AM

2,481 posts, read 2,235,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
"Wigger".?
you are not familiar with the term?
Wiki is your friend.

Old 09-16-2017, 10:52 PM

48 posts, read 76,222 times
Don't come here. We don't need anymore tourists.

Old 09-18-2017, 02:36 PM

19 posts, read 21,288 times
What happened to Chick FilA and Hula Dog??

Old 09-19-2017, 07:03 AM

2,481 posts, read 2,235,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaahumanu View Post
Don't come here. We don't need anymore tourists.
Who is 'We'?
https://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/...ok-upward.html

Old 09-20-2017, 08:38 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,070,608 times
This thread is hilarious

It was complete on the second post, but its still hilarious

Old 09-22-2017, 09:05 PM

32 posts, read 151,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post
im in the final stages of interviews which will land me a job in Oahu. I would actually be taking a pay cut for this position... which would land me in the low 100s.

my question is mainly for people who moved there. the question is:

1. how much do homeless people bother you?
2. how mad do you get at hordes of tourists?
3. how irate do you get at the traffic? would you say its worse than LA traffic? (i dont think so)
4. does it **** you off when you try to do things around the island and 90% of the parking lot is tourists and you can't find a parking spot?
5. tourists who trash the island. does it bother you? it sure as hell would bother me.

these are the questions that im debating with myself to make the move.

here in LA there's tons of traffic, homeless people & tourists but its big enough that i dont have to deal with it on a daily basis.

Oahu is a fairly small island so you're kinda "very close" to the bad: tourists, homeless, etc.

so for those of you who moved there, what would you say?

i personally would love to live in Kailua and commute to downtown Honolulu for work but I don't know if that's a 30 min commute or more like a 1 hour commute.
These questions are a bit bizarre...a bit like "what can O'ahu do for me", rather than, "how can I fit into O'ahu"?

I moved from California 10 years ago, thinking it would be like California...and there's nothing further from the truth (thank God).

1. "Bother" as in, seeing all these homeless people really bothers me, and takes away from island living? Or "bother" as in, they're always pestering you?

Neither, as it happens, but again, a bizarre question.

2. Why would anyone get mad at tourists? Most people live off the tourist population in one way or another, or is close to someone who does. They keep us fed, clothed, and living in paradise.

3. "How irate do you get in traffic?"

Again. Bizarre. Are you asking how bad traffic is? It's bad during rush hour, or when they have lane closures/accidents.
If you're stuck in traffic how irate do you get? Because it's going to happen, and we don't need freeway shootings.

4. I can't say that I've ever differentiated who is parking, where. To me, if a spot is taken, it's taken. Doesn't really matter who took it, you need to find another spot.

5. Most tourists respect the island. But there are crap tourists and locals.

In summary, as you don't live here, I can only assume you've visited.....as a tourist. Did you find yourself particularly annoying? If so, it could just be your personality, not the fact that you're a tourist.

A word of advice: mainland attitude doesn't work well here, in any aspect of island living.

Old 09-29-2017, 09:12 AM

36 posts, read 43,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post
im in the final stages of interviews which will land me a job in Oahu. I would actually be taking a pay cut for this position... which would land me in the low 100s.

my question is mainly for people who moved there. the question is:

1. how much do homeless people bother you?
2. how mad do you get at hordes of tourists?
3. how irate do you get at the traffic? would you say its worse than LA traffic? (i dont think so)
4. does it **** you off when you try to do things around the island and 90% of the parking lot is tourists and you can't find a parking spot?
5. tourists who trash the island. does it bother you? it sure as hell would bother me.

these are the questions that im debating with myself to make the move.

here in LA there's tons of traffic, homeless people & tourists but its big enough that i dont have to deal with it on a daily basis.

Oahu is a fairly small island so you're kinda "very close" to the bad: tourists, homeless, etc.

so for those of you who moved there, what would you say?

i personally would love to live in Kailua and commute to downtown Honolulu for work but I don't know if that's a 30 min commute or more like a 1 hour commute.

I lived for 15 years in LA and have to admit when i go to Honolulu i have feeling it is even worse than LA when it comes to homeless. Of course here it is only 4 5 thousand of them but since it is much smaller area you get the feeling its worse than even LA...

Old 10-03-2017, 10:16 AM

64 posts, read 148,471 times
So you’re from Southern California, but wanna move to Kailua? That’s just Southern California, but more expensive...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu