Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 11:06 PM

57 posts, read 136,977 times

Advertisements

Niice Im looking forward to this move already.... kansas broads are so stuck up - the odds of you finding an attractive woman your age here (that isnt married or the L word) are about 50%, and about 30% of those women are rich snobs, so that only leaves you fighting against most other guys for that last 20%. It blows - so does everything else here - the weather, the activities, everything. Unfortunately im stuck here for another year or so - imma try to set a crap ton of money back during this time, and continue looking for jobs/apartments there. Once again, Thanks for the input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2006, 12:13 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,260,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleman522 View Post
Niice Im looking forward to this move already.... kansas broads are so stuck up - the odds of you finding an attractive woman your age here (that isnt married or the L word) are about 50%, and about 30% of those women are rich snobs, so that only leaves you fighting against most other guys for that last 20%. It blows - so does everything else here - the weather, the activities, everything. Unfortunately im stuck here for another year or so - imma try to set a crap ton of money back during this time, and continue looking for jobs/apartments there. Once again, Thanks for the input!
Hmm, Kansas "broads" huh? Just wait until you meet a few "titas" in Hawai'i and some of their "moke" relatives.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:03 PM

Default lol ya

Lol what's moke mean? lol at any rate, I'll bet they make our women look like men - like i said, i cant wait until i make this move!

Old 12-29-2006, 02:50 PM

Default Hmm i just thought of something

Umm yeah i just thought of something and have a few questions
1. how good is the market for gyms and health clubs - i just considered starting one
2. how hard is it to get a loan to start a good business there? It is relatively easy here, but that would basically lock me into this state, and i hate the very idea of that
3.Anybody with experience in this matter (ie starting businesses, especially health clubs) that can help give me insight on how to do this, you can reply if you want, but pm me if you can to keep the number of posts in here down - i think that this could possibly help more people in my shoes who are looking to move - i know it has really given me some serious insight on how to do this thing.

Ive been torn between two ideas, and ive considered the gym idea for a long time with absolutely no idea how. I certainly think its doable, and am researching how it can be done, but i find these forums to be my biggest help. and to those who have already given me lots of advice in the moving part, Thanks!

Old 01-05-2007, 01:21 PM

Default HEEEEy

hey wait a minute - i see all these ads on the honolulu advertiser and other places that advertise "metropolitan police recruit" jobs are available - but it doesnt say much more than how much education you need and how much you make. a couple more questions:
1: if anybody knows about these, Is it possible to do everything pretty much from here, and move only when im ready to start
2. would i be able to afford an apartment or something alone, or would I still need a roommate
3.a totally unrelated question - would it be a good idea to go to school in hawaii or here - i heard the schools in hawaii aren't that great
4. how much is it to live on campus - i might be taking student loans out to go to school, and transfer out there - im just trying to find the best plan of action

If anyone knows anything about my previous question, im still interested in knowing - because I think starting a business, like a health club, (especially in hawaii) would be great, because everyone wants to look good for the beach right? or is there too much competition - anyway, anybody who's been there pm me or let me know somehow

Old 08-27-2011, 05:48 PM

Hey i just wanted to check in and see if any of you guys are still around, let ya all knowim still here.

My time in the air force is running low, and once again I am considering a relocation..

Been working everything from IT support in a helpdesk to LAN management and VOIP and finally net security and im wondering if anybody knows of any jobs in the area?

Ive been in Anchorage and Galena alaska for a while, lookin for somethin warmer lol.

Last edited by 7th generation; 09-07-2011 at 02:56 PM..

Old 08-28-2011, 08:13 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,099,750 times
If you have a Secret or better clearance, you are in a golden spot. LOTS of IT contracting jobs here that require you to have an Active Secret Clearance. If you keep that clearance, getting a job in IT support for the military pays rather well.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:02 PM

Haha how bout top secret

Last edited by 7th generation; 09-07-2011 at 02:56 PM..

Old 08-29-2011, 12:53 PM

174 posts, read 349,222 times
Just an FYI - one thing I noticed while on vacation when I went for runs at Ala Moana Park early in the a.m. - there were a lot of different boot camp groups there working out.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:46 AM

56 posts, read 154,014 times
Just my 2 cents worth. Before moving to Honolulu, please get in writing the wage you will make when starting work there. That was my mistake. I was living in Fairbanks, Alaska and working for a certain corporation making $11 an hour. I was offered a transfer to Honolulu. I had never been to Hawaii, and it seemed nice compared to Alaska. I was told on the phone by the manager, that my pay would be comparable to what i was making in Alaska, because of my experience and time in service. Once i got to Honolulu and met the manager and talked. I was told my starting pay would be $7.15 per hour! Minimum wage, and i had 2 years experience! How is that comparable to $11 an hour??

Basically, i was lied to. I did not get in writing what my pay would be before moving there. Do not make this mistake! I HAD to take the job just to make money. I quit 2 months later. I was insulted by giving me a newbie wage when i had experience. Beware!

Hawaii pays less for a place more expensive than Alaska, Alaska pays more for a place less expensive than Hawaii. I lived in 2 states where the cost of living is the highest, but i would prefer Alaska over Hawaii now. Like the saying goes, you have to pay to live in paradise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
View detailed profiles of: