Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2023, 11:41 PM

25 posts, read 19,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
Plumeria20, you are planning on moving to Oahu and renting first, aren't you?

It's almost impossible to find the best place from the mainland over the internet. Buying somewhere locks you into where ever you buy, at least, without a lot of hassle with selling and buying another place. If you move over and rent for about six months, you'll have a much better idea of which neighborhood you really like.

For all we know, you'll visit one of the other islands and prefer them instead. Renting for six months first gives you time to look around and see what you want to do and where you want to have easy access. Oahu has scads of traffic and even the other islands are beginning to experience traffic as well. If you want to take up such as surfing in your retirement, well, then, you'd want to be near a nice surfing beach, wouldn't you?
hotzcatz,

Right, we’d rent first. We’d need to sell our place in sCal too.
Home ownership seems to be too much of responsibility.
I miss the islands, but Honolulu is no longer the same place I grew up in.

Plumeria20
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2023, 08:29 AM

21,727 posts, read 16,334,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumeria20 View Post
hotzcatz,

Right, we’d rent first. We’d need to sell our place in sCal too.
Home ownership seems to be too much of responsibility.
I miss the islands, but Honolulu is no longer the same place I grew up in.

Plumeria20
This seems to be a trend … St Paul and Detroit aren’t the same as when I grew up there either. When will all this change stop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu