U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 09:30 PM

3,111 posts, read 4,815,467 times

Advertisements

AHHHAAAA
Here's the solution out of China LOLOL From Engrish.com
Always consult your cockroach before use | Engrish.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 03:38 AM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,679 posts, read 6,850,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
AHHHAAAA
Here's the solution out of China LOLOL From Engrish.com
Always consult your cockroach before use | Engrish.com
'Take out cockroach wrap up'. If I had a dime for every time I've said that, I'd be living in Kailua.

Uuuurrrrpppppp,,,,,, scuze me

Old 02-04-2014, 04:24 PM

3 posts, read 3,468 times
"Mostly what we do in Hawaii is just live with the knowledge that something other than humans live there too"

Hi, I'm not sure I agree. You need to keep cockroaches to an absolute minimum; they reproduce in days and you will be overwhelmed if you don't get rid of them. I see the little nymphs in the kitchen, frequently around the sink and stove. They come back every six months or so into our Honolulu condominium. We have the place re-treated, sweep them for several days, and do the best we can.

One thing I've discovered: Keep your toaster and other kitchen appliances covered; otherwise the cockroaches will take up residence in them! Kid you not.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:44 PM

174 posts, read 309,578 times
We have (recently) had some success with the chalk that you use to draw around edges, etc. I still on a daily basis wear slippahs in the house (1) so my feet don't turn black (no matter how much I Swiffer the black dust returns quickly since our windows are always open); and (2) to have a ready weapon to smash if they don't quickly flee the scene.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:58 PM

2 posts, read 2,115 times
This thread has singlehandedly halted my plans of moving to Oahu. Well, this thread, and subsequent internet searches on cane spiders.

I'm not even kidding. I was 80% sure I was moving there later this year. I was there last year on business. Had another trip planned in April to scope out living arrangements, and the plan was to make the move a month or two later.

Not anymore. I'm from SoCal, and we have quarter-sized spiders, crickets, praying mantises and such, but rarely roaches, and sure as hell no spiders bigger than my last full meal. I simply cannot abide that. I understand they're not dangerous, but the irrational fear that takes hold and evidently causes massive shifts in fairly solid moving plans is of accidentally pressing against or, god forbid, crunching one.

Sweet lord. Close call.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:48 AM

6,657 posts, read 6,808,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsels View Post
This thread has singlehandedly halted my plans of moving to Oahu. Well, this thread, and subsequent internet searches on cane spiders.

I'm not even kidding. I was 80% sure I was moving there later this year. I was there last year on business. Had another trip planned in April to scope out living arrangements, and the plan was to make the move a month or two later.

Not anymore. I'm from SoCal, and we have quarter-sized spiders, crickets, praying mantises and such, but rarely roaches, and sure as hell no spiders bigger than my last full meal. I simply cannot abide that. I understand they're not dangerous, but the irrational fear that takes hold and evidently causes massive shifts in fairly solid moving plans is of accidentally pressing against or, god forbid, crunching one.

Sweet lord. Close call.
Well at least we no snakes or rattlers in da aloha state, dat sometin to be greatful fo.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:07 PM

12,971 posts, read 25,073,601 times
No coyotes to eat our pets, either.

Old 02-13-2014, 01:14 PM

100 posts, read 240,645 times
describe "problem" please

Old 02-13-2014, 01:17 PM

100 posts, read 240,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsels View Post

Sweet lord. Close call.

wow you must live in more upgraded areas of SoCal. The areas I used to live around SoCal had roaches sometimes the size of my big toe or at least thumb and they got into everything (Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Balboa)

Old 02-13-2014, 10:28 PM

2 posts, read 2,115 times
Yeah, I'm in the 'burbs. I have seen big roaches once in the seedier areas of town a half-hour away. I don't understand how anyone gets used to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu