U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-10-2009, 04:26 PM

44 posts, read 162,700 times
Default Exhausted! Leaving for Oahu Tomorrow

HI there!

We are moving to Oahu tomorrow, cars shipped, pod packed and ready to go. This was a truly trying and exhausting experience--moving our lives to an island.

Anyway, we have our dog all cleared to go but just wanted to ensure that we can pick him up at the airport when we arrive. Is there an animal quarantine station at the airport? Excited but sooo tired.
Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 06:10 PM

292 posts, read 603,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lootie View Post
HI there!

We are moving to Oahu tomorrow, cars shipped, pod packed and ready to go. This was a truly trying and exhausting experience--moving our lives to an island.

Anyway, we have our dog all cleared to go but just wanted to ensure that we can pick him up at the airport when we arrive. Is there an animal quarantine station at the airport? Excited but sooo tired.
Thanks!
Most best of luck to you. I wish I were that close..

Old 09-10-2009, 09:16 PM

683 posts, read 1,720,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lootie View Post
Thanks!
Yep. Just ask one someone to direct you there. It's outside the main terminals, but still at the airport. Best of luck.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:34 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,488,241 times
The station at the airport closes at 1600 hrs- if you arrive after you must go to the other station to be released.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:08 PM

44 posts, read 162,700 times
thanks all!

Old 09-11-2009, 01:28 AM

185 posts, read 542,516 times
When you get on the plane tell them your pet is below and to make sure to turn on the heaters for them.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:39 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,916,697 times
Default Uh Oh...

Aloha... your question as to whether or not there is a quarantine station at the airport concerns me. If you have to ask that question it doesn't sound like you are quite ready to board that plan. I pray all is in order and that you did your homework, or you are going to have a heartbreaking experience once you land. Maybe you are just tired from packing and such and didn't word your question quite right, huh?

a hui hou.
Koale

Old 09-11-2009, 11:03 AM

185 posts, read 542,516 times
Hopefully she did everything in order to get a quick release from the station. Once she lands they deliver the pets directly there and she just needs to show up and if all the paper work is in order they give her the animals.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:20 AM

3,513 posts, read 5,474,829 times
Way too many people call this the "quarantine" process. There is NO QUARANTINE IF YOU FOLLOW THE PROCESS IN THE FIRST PLACE!

That being said... You want to have all your paperwork and shots in order BEFORE you get here. If you have to have your pet quarantined, you will PAY DEARLY as the daily rate is somewhere around $17 a day (if I recall correctly) and can be for 120 days! You want to be able to qualify for DIRECT RELEASE AT THE AIRPORT.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:34 AM

253 posts, read 615,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdand3boys View Post
Way too many people call this the "quarantine" process. There is NO QUARANTINE IF YOU FOLLOW THE PROCESS IN THE FIRST PLACE!
That's just misleading. Your pet is indeed quarantined from being able to be "loose" in Hawai`i until the requirements are met. It is simply that in recent years it is possible to undergo that quarantine (again, not being able to be loose in Hawai`i) while still on the mainland.

Quote:
That being said... You want to have all your paperwork and shots in order BEFORE you get here. If you have to have your pet quarantined, you will PAY DEARLY as the daily rate is somewhere around $17 a day (if I recall correctly) and can be for 120 days! You want to be able to qualify for DIRECT RELEASE AT THE AIRPORT.
On that, you are correct. If you have done your on-mainland quarantine regimen correctly, you will indeed qualify for direct release. I found that the the Ag Dept folks at the HNL station were wonderfully responsive to email and assured me before we arrived that all was in order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu