Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 05:36 PM

4 posts, read 73,619 times

Advertisements

Hi!! I am moving to Oahu in June and wanted find out information on Ewa Beach. Is this a good place to live? Does anyone know the crime rate? Any general information will be helpful. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2007, 08:50 PM

2 posts, read 25,451 times
Default Ewa Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by amperez View Post
Hi!! I am moving to Oahu in June and wanted find out information on Ewa Beach. Is this a good place to live? Does anyone know the crime rate? Any general information will be helpful. Thanks!
CRIME RATE SUCKS IN HAWAII BUT EWA BEACH IS OK, TRAFFIC IS HORRIBLE AND DRIVING FROM EWA BEACH TO WAIKIKI IS BAD IN THE MORNINGS, AND THE EVENINGS. PARKING IS EVEN WORSE. LOTS OF MILITARY IN EWA BEACH, HOPE YOU LIKE THINGS SLOW BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS ON HAWAII TIME. BUT THE BEACH IS BEAUTIFUL, PRICES ARE HIGH , AND THE HAWAIIAN PEOPLE GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO HELP YOU....

Old 05-10-2007, 10:11 PM

Perfect.. thanks a lot!!

Old 05-10-2007, 11:37 PM

312 posts, read 1,639,444 times
See thread "The reality of commute times in Oahu " started 4/21/2007 - has more replies regarding Ewa Beach area.
Do you know where you will be working?

Old 05-11-2007, 10:30 AM

I'm gonna try to get a job in Kapolei, which I understand is not that far from Ewa Beach. I know about the traffic so getting a job in honolulu is my last resort

Old 05-12-2007, 04:05 AM

17 posts, read 205,586 times
We lived in Kapolei for a few years before moving to Mililani. Personally, I'd avoid Ewa Beach, or the entire Ewa Plain. Hot, dry, crowded and getting worse. Even if you work in Kapolei, you'll spend more time than you know doing the "boulevard boogie" as one of our local talk show hosts calls it. We got sick of it and moved. Housing prices are lower in Ewa than in other areas, and there's a reason for it...

Old 05-15-2007, 03:32 AM

48 posts, read 354,426 times
Ewa Beach is nice...IF YOU DON'T GO ANYWHERE! Corrupt politicians are paid off by development firms to continue to be allowed to rezone and build tons of homes without doing a single thing to improve the traffic situation. The mayor recently gave the middle finger to this community too, by increasing taxes yet providing zero traffic relief due to a flawed mass transit system being planned. So, unless you fancy the idea of spending 3+ hours daily in your car commuting to and from town, don't even consider living out there.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:18 AM

7 posts, read 73,673 times
Ewa Beach was the first place I lived when I moved to HI several years ago as a teacher. I was working in Ewa, so the traffic was not too difficult to deal with, but I know it has gotten worse. As for living there--I loved it. Had a great experience and was introduced to local lifestyle in a way that I never would have been had I moved to HNL first. I was lucky that I had a teaching staff to welcome me, but I have great memories of the place and never faced anything that would lead me to warn you against living there.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:16 PM

1 posts, read 22,741 times
My son will be moving to Ewa Beach soon for a teaching position as well. Any info on apt. rentals and areas to avoid? I know they've been looking for something near the beach. We heard there was increased drug/crime problems close to the water, is that true? Any sugestions??

Old 05-08-2009, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 20,462 times
well i would say ewa beach is a pretty good location i use to live on a beachfront home if you want to live on oceanfront the houses are pretty expensive, running in the millions. But yes the traffic there is awful, my neighbors were mostly local caucasian people there were good neighbors. But i now moved to hawaii kai where its closer to town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu