Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 01:15 PM

6 posts, read 21,953 times

Advertisements

Aloha all; My name is Marcia Hill and I went to Kailua high, class of 63. Now I live in Florida and was wondering if anyone remembers the Red Noodle night club in Waikiki from the early 70's? I am in the final stages of a book I am writing and any info about the owner Claude Hall or memories of the Red Noodle would be greatly appreciated. I was married to Claude and am writing a book about those times. Also Claude was one of the early Marlboro Men. Thank you so much and Mahalo to everyone
Marcia

Last edited by 7th generation; 01-22-2010 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: please do not post your e mail addy here. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 07:44 AM

1 posts, read 5,832 times
I remember being at the Grand Opening in 1970. Quicksilver Messenger Service played. Opened late. In the audience were The Chambers Brothers. They both performed a set consisting of both "Time" and the "Who Do You Love Suite", must have lasted more than an hour. Awesome evening.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:32 PM

1,688 posts, read 4,297,963 times
Well I almost had a heart attack when I saw "RED NOODLE" OMG does anyone remember that! I remember that all the people in the Red Pants would go over to the Red Noodle to dance and when the Noodle closed everyone ate sub-sandwiches out on Kuhio out of that white wagon (can't remember the name). Oh those were the days.

Every time we went to Oahu we went to the Red Pants first to play pool and then to the Red Noodle to dance. I remember the bartender Patrick (he was such a man-*****).....he use to ply us with free drinks all the time.

Anyway; good luck to you on your book. I don't know how you'll get in touch with all those people that use to go there as there all dead, retired or in a federal re-location program (lol) Just kidding.

Good luck

Old 09-12-2012, 10:47 PM

1 posts, read 5,185 times
Default Red Noodle-Claude Hall

I worked in the Oyster Barrel and helped out on the front door at The Red Noodle. All the guys Bucky, Tufi were really good to me. When the Oyster Barrel closed, I would always bring the biscuts and cornbread to the front door. Claude was an awesome boss always treated me good. Went to a couple pool parties at his house. There were a lot of characters in Noodle, a great house band. My roomate was a bartender there for a while. I a lived there for 2 years and had the time of my life. I am from Vancouver BC and live back here now. The chef was Don Rossler and his son Billy Rossler (was on Hawaii Five O as Blooy the cab driver) Hostess was Buffy, Jerry Booth was a cook/surfer from Playa Del Ray. It was fun hangin with the locals. My name is Alvin. I would love to read your book..or just some info to jog my memories.

Thanks,
Alvin

Old 09-13-2012, 12:37 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,422,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio57 View Post
I would love to read your book..or just some info to jog my memories
Don't hold your breath. Unfortunately that poster has not been online for 2 1/2 years.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,472 times
On Halloween night 1970 was the night I met my husband there at the Red Noodle. It was chemical, and by December 3rd we were living together, in a house on Liliuokalani. And every Friday and Saturday night we would be dancing at the Noodle from 9 p.m. till closing. New Year's Eve that year, Santana took over the stage and rocked the house. It was an awesome fun place. It was the start of a life that's been a blast and it just never stops.

Old 02-03-2018, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,234 times
Default 1973

from newport ri/lived their 1973 jan through july then lived in lahaina maui through summer.soda and drinks same price for regular drink $1.50/bar was split 2 sides when i use to go their/at end of street i believe is where honolulu zoo was.friday night hangout for me/could not afford to go out everynight 23years old at time.in1973 when we got their big elvis presley special by satellite tv.............i met a girl at another club/lead singer of band at blue goose on university ave.............she had tickets for stones concert at HIC/said i would have to pay the $6 for the ticket/said my girlfriend cannot go/so i said okay/said to call her..you know the routine money crumbled up(walking home to namahana apts off aliwai canal.dropped phone number somewhere............only chance i ever had to see stones as you know prices are now insane.....loved hawaii................but heard its gotten real territorial for locals and dangerous for howlees now...........wow who knew good luck with book

Old 02-05-2018, 04:24 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,251,881 times
No posts from original poster from over 10 years. But you never know. Maybe poster will check back someday?

Old 02-06-2018, 06:44 AM

2,481 posts, read 2,233,156 times
Maybe Elvis will too.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,631 times
Aloha, I remember the Red Noodle and Red Pants. I got to Waikiki in 1972 and was a bartender in several places. I loved the Oyster Barrel, anyone who was anyone had to be seen there. I live on Maui, some of my Waikiki buds are here too. My roommate was Sandy, I'm Candy, the 2 of us used to have a blast!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu