U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-19-2010, 12:38 PM

2 posts, read 4,113 times
Smile Summer GLen In Ocala

Hi I read a post last week which is over a year old and the person said he built his home in Summer Glen, Ocala and had a flooding problem due to the soil which was clay...I am new to this site and I emailed him on this site to get more info and now unless I am doing something wrong am unable to pull up that post. ANy help would be appreciated...THanks..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 09:38 PM

140 posts, read 443,230 times
SummerGlen in Ocala(actually, it's in Summerfield)...flooding in SummerGlen? Never heard of it and doubt that it exists there as it's a new community, on rolling land, with new infrastructure. If it's like much of the rest of Central Florida, then the soil is predominately sandy, with rainwater percolating quickly through it. Plus, Florida has built these drainage retention ponds that collect rain water run-off to prevent flooding...they are strategically placed for that sole purpose and even with heavy rains, I've never seen them anywhere near full capacity.

SummerGlen is very new, provides outstanding amenities, reasonably priced homes and HOA fees. Residents are all 55+ years old, with few in their 70's at the oldest. Genuinely nice people and a great retirement community, if a bit far(distance-wise) from shopping and big box stores. Has a great golf course. Very secure, gated, 24/7/365.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:52 AM

14 posts, read 64,749 times
I can assure yhou that SummerGlen definitely does not have a flooding problem. SummerGlen is lcoated on high and dry land with sandy soil that percolates quickly. Also, the community has an excellent underground drainage system for stormwater run-off, and the finished floors of all homes are a minimum of 18" above grade.

In addition, you should consider the excellent construction quality of these homes for the prices at which they are being offered. SummerGlen homes come started with 14 SEER air conditioning, R-48 ceiling insulation, double paned windows, and many other energy saving features. They also have excellent interior features with Corian countertops in the kitchen, standard carpet and tile that is better quality than most "builder standards" and a money back construction satisfaction guarantee that is offered by no other builder in the market.

Old 10-16-2010, 02:56 PM

2 posts, read 2,452 times
What electric company services Summer Glen and is DSL available there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala