U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 09:33 AM

1 posts, read 9,024 times
Default SummerGlen in Ocala, Fl

Can anyone shed some light on the noise problem within this community from the semi's on I-75? We love the area but are concerned about the weigh station which is so close and the nighttime noise from the trucks downshifting. Does anyone know someone who lives there and can tell us if this is a real problem? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 08:25 AM

1 posts, read 8,970 times
Default No Highway Noise in Phase 3

My home is on the backside of Summerglen. We hear absolutely no Highway noise. I can't speak for the newer section up front; however I doubt that noise is a problem because of the berms. Great Neighborhood. jh

Old 08-07-2007, 08:39 AM

627 posts, read 2,048,234 times
On occasion, We do hear a little traffic noise in the back of Marion Oaks (farther from the interstate than Summer Glenn is), but it is only when we are outside. I do not think you would too bothered by it. You could stay at one of the two Hotels at 484 and I-75 overnight, sit out by the pool and get a good idea for yourself just what it is like.

I would be more concerned with the intersection of SW 20th Ave. at Rt 484, the tractor trailers from the Pilot Truck Stop pull out in front of people constantly and I have had several people (not truckers) dart out and onto SW20th Ave. as if they have a death wish!

Old 08-07-2007, 01:33 PM

6 posts, read 46,959 times
If you are looking for an active adult community, I would strongly recommend Del Webb's Stone Creek in Ocala. Brand new community, unbelievable amenity complex (best in central Florida BY FAR), and the overall value/price is far superior to anything in the area. The location is close to daily conveniences such as shopping, dining, and grocery stores, and doesn't sit next too a truck stop, I-75, or a congested highway such as 484. Take a look at Stone Creek and you'll be very impressed, I can promise you that. There's nothing like it around.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:33 PM

49 posts, read 152,368 times
Can anyone tell me what is the average age in this community, and are there many restaurants in this area to dine at (not the chain type)

Old 10-01-2007, 05:50 PM

627 posts, read 2,048,234 times
Well, about 10 - 12 minutes West on Rt 484 there is a place called "Randy's Rib Shack", they are pretty good... That is about the only "dine-in" restaurant that I can think of. There is a Chinese Place in the Win-Dixie plaza of Marion Oaks and AJ's Pizza.

In Belleview, there are many mom & pop places to eat, that are pretty good! There is Cal's Place on 484 (east of 441), Aunt Frannie's on 441 (just south of 484), Laddie's on 441 (north of 484), the Jade Pagoda (also north of 484 on 441)... just to name a few.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:13 PM

18 posts, read 117,444 times
SummerGlen is a GREAT community. Of course I am biased, I live here. Smaller, intimate, amentized, and very affordable. Only $125.00 per mo. includes your lawn service. No CDD, resident owned, member owned golf course, no closing cost and a price promise. Stone Creek has 1 course and will have 4000 homes. Not a good balance. SummerGlen will have 1029 homes. Yes you can hear I-75 in the early phases. They are currently building away for 75. Not really an issue. It is convienant. See for yourself.

Old 08-16-2008, 04:22 PM

3 posts, read 25,774 times
I would suggest that you rent for a few months before you deceide on a community. We did not and built in SummerGlen and really like it. There are some others that seem equally as good. We probably would not have decided on SummerGlen if we had known that it would be so difficult to get a wet lot corrected with proper drainage. It's an on going problem, but that is the only reason we might have thought about going elsewhere.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:53 PM

1 posts, read 7,206 times
Can anyone tell me where you store anything in a Dell Web house at Stonecreek. There is no basement and no pull down staircase in the garage for attic access. The sales person gave me some bs about how easy it would be to have Lowes install one. The problem with that is that once you open up the garage ceiling you will see a mass of wood because the roof in a pre-constructed one piece "truss". The salesman thought I was born yesterday. Pringle homes and Summerglen come with staircases as standard equipment but not Del Webb. This may seem like a small thing but to me it is important to have a place to store luggage and Christmas decorations, etc.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:04 PM

24 posts, read 100,608 times
A lot of things are standard in a Summerglen home. The drop down staircase is nice but as far as storage above the garage it depends on which model and the type of roof you have. I had a DelWebb home and had very little storage above the garage. In my Summerglen home I have a lot more room above the garage. Of course I also extended the garage six extra feet.

I always tell people looking to buy a home here to keep in mind that up north you had a basement and an attic. Homes here are built on slabs and have no attics so you have a lot less room. So if you buy a 2/2 with 1400 sq ft living space you really are looking at a little more than a motel room and soon you run out of space. Of course it all depends on what you want.

Jake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala