Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 01:01 AM

4 posts, read 49,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardigirl View Post
Sure hope you got Kissed because they sure put the screws to you. Mansions what are you smoking. most of the lots are going for under 100 and less than 300 with a house on them. bend over buddy because you got took and the roads are NOT all paved in Rainbow Park
I said "the general area".. that means outside of Rainbow Park. Rainbow Park is a subdivision. There are estates and mansions all around this area.

I paid $300 for my lot. I feel it was a good investment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 08:09 AM

20 posts, read 86,983 times
haridgirl - what do you know about dunnellon? im thinking about moving there with children, my friend lives there.? schools, safety, people?

Old 03-04-2009, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 5,536 times
Yes, my family and I built a house in Rainbow Park and Love it. I left the military to move here and I love it. Contact me if you want more info.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:48 AM

9 posts, read 51,469 times
Wow, havent been on here in awhile and I am really shocked to hear about the building freeze in Rainbow Park. So it's like in a major flood zone is what I'm hearing. WOW! Does anyone know what the homes already built there now are going for? I mean, who would want to buy in there right now with the potential for flooding?

Old 06-06-2009, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 5,193 times
dunnellon is pretty cute in a way there are plenty of homes ranging from mobile homes to hundreds of acres of farm land. try rainbow lakes estates, rainbow springs, or rolling hills for newer homes. dunnellon is a small baby boom town but it has charm and about 20-30 mintues to anything in ocala. The schools here are pretty good, crime rate is very little, the people here are a bit on the older side however most people are nice and there are suprisingly a lot of children in the area.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:56 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,892,003 times
We just put a down-payment on a house in Rolling Ranches, right on 484, not too far from 200. I was impressed with the area.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:10 AM

20 posts, read 86,983 times
thanks.....i actually was looking at a house in rainbow springs park, to rent at first. i was there in march, and i really liked it....my bff lives there, and im seperated from my husband....i was seriously considering a move there, then i read in the ocala banner about the robbery in rainbow lake estates - the 2 elderly people, that some guy with a gun walked in their home at like 6pm while the lady was cooking dinner....really freaked me out, then there was the crazy person who was shooting the school bus....are there alot of house robberies? that was my concern, it scared me.....or was these 2 just a freak thing?

Old 08-30-2009, 11:16 AM

2 posts, read 27,238 times
If anyone is interested i have .46 acre corner lot in rainbowpark i am thinking of selling.
i will sell it for the same price i paid for it 4 years ago. $31,900 obo ... i just need the money to invest in a business.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:04 PM

495 posts, read 2,328,398 times
Vacant lots are not protected from abusive property taxes by Homestead Exemption.

The property taxes on many vacant lots in Marion County have more TRIPLED since 2005!

And the tax assessments and the taxes are still going up every year even though the fair market value of the property has plunged due to the real estate crash.

The county has lowered the assessments on homestead properties to reflect the crash in real estate values. To compensate for this lost revenue, they have drastically raised assessments on vacant lots despite their market value falling off a cliff.

Yet state laws requires property tax assessments to be at FAIR MARKET VALUE.

The county is corrupt.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:52 PM

1 posts, read 4,589 times
is it true if the county puts paved roads in and water, the people living in the area have to pay for it??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala