Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 03:59 PM

7 posts, read 8,047 times

Advertisements

The way things happened kind of in order. I was hired at a disbatching job. T first everyone was so nice to me I slowly found out that the woman in charge of my department was very territorial. Each Day I would noticed that she teaching me the wrong way to do things. Then she started giving me bad reviews that i signed not knowing you could disagree in writing. Pretty much she made everyday a living nightmare. I just tried to smile everyday so she didn't think she got to me. She had many meeting with upper management that now I know the meetings were about me. I stayed in disbatch for a few more weeks with the operations manager now on her side. He stated calling me names like football head and kept telling everyone stunk. I guess cause i would wear perfume he they did not like. They even had people from other department come in to smell me. One day I did end up crying that really got the whole disbatch going. They all kept snickering and saying how they love making weak people cry. they did it in a way that they didn't say it directly to me, they would just say things to each other as I was sitting directly next to them. I never stood up for myself and foolishly I never made a report. The dibatch manager finally had me moved to billing after I was told " you just are not learning like we thought you would , you are what people would call slow". At the time the only thing that made me feel better was that another manager told me that there was another reason I was being moved. He said the company had hostile work environments and major dysfunction in certain departments. If he took me out of the departments than I couldn't be blamed for things and he could see who was the real problem. Acting as if he already knew it was the woman that had been causing me so many problems. Soon after that the operations manager asked me if my mom smoked crack and if i had a learning disability. Later I would learn from other employees that I was being asked that because of what the disbatch manager was saying about me in the meetings. Once moved to billing for about one week I flourished. I worked really hard at learning a new type of work. I even had a new review that stated I was a learning quickly and doing very well. (More detailed than that though). All the girls in billing seemed to enjoy me working with them and we discussed how the company was trying to get rid of the department I was in. I did not pay much attention at the time. I just noticed over the next few days the billing girls were not training me anymore and trying to make me uncomfortable. Then one morning after they had a meeting cause a manager recently retired from another job and was able to take on more work from the billing department. The two girls went on and on about maybe having to find new jobs unless they did something. I had no idea what that was at the time. Later that day I asked to use the phone and was told to use my computer so I didn't hold up the lines. I worked for a transport company. All the phone lines were used for customers and the phone rang about every half minute. All in all I used my computer to text my husband. Shortly after I was called in to the office and told " you finally gave me a real reason to fire you". Have a great day and leave this office. Is there anything I can do? Do anyone think I can file for unemployment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 05:21 PM

6,624 posts, read 7,334,922 times
You should file for unemployment.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:55 PM

Thanks, I have never went to a form for any advice. honestly I was naive and had no idea people even posted problems for advice. Thanks for even reading my post and adding your reply....

Old 09-12-2012, 05:58 PM

ooppss forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala