U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 05:24 AM

29 posts, read 152,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
I will respectfully disagree with your assessment. It is the newest hotel in SW Ocala but not one of the most economical one.
I agree, I priced it a few times and it was way higher than anywhere else. I've stayed at the Sleep Inn at exit 341 about a dozen times, very nice, relatively new. If you google "sleep inn ocala", you will find a website that sometimes has some discount plans.

I have also stayed at the HoJo at exit 354 a bunch of times, it is decent, but some of the people staying there appear to be 'extended stay'.

My recommendation is to stay away from the hotels at rt 200. Way too congested there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 11:13 AM

26,589 posts, read 52,939,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaherbgirl View Post
I doubt you'd regret staying at the Howard Johnson's off Hwy 27; not a wonderful area but the hotel is well situated and very clean with great prices. I am there for a meeting every week and the owner is putting alot of money into the place; everything is new! You don't want to live in the area but I'd stay there if I was looking and I usually like a Sheraton.
You couldn't pay me to stay at a dump like that--especially when for a few bucks more you can stay in a place that isn't under renovation and doesn't need alot of money put into it.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:58 PM

39 posts, read 83,141 times
Default hotels

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
You couldn't pay me to stay at a dump like that--especially when for a few bucks more you can stay in a place that isn't under renovation and doesn't need alot of money put into it.
such as....?

Old 04-18-2013, 06:54 AM

145 posts, read 308,422 times
Candy...Obviously you haven't been there in a very long time. The org I am with has had meetings at this hotel for 17 years; over the past year the owner has remodeled EVERYTHING from top to bottom. I don't think there is anything left for him to do. It is inexpensive, has a good breakfast bar. I am a hotel snob and I'd stay there a week if I needed to. I have also recently been to the Holiday Inn by Sam's Club off Hwy 200 and it isn't as nice as this HJ; I know odd but true! AND every week I am there the place is packed; just drive through the lot on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:10 AM

10 posts, read 15,769 times
All of the hotels at 200 and I75 are nice.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:55 AM

26,589 posts, read 52,939,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy parker View Post
such as....?
I already mentioned one of them.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:20 AM

145 posts, read 308,422 times
Just want to clarify...checked out the hotels in Ocala last week...I'd still stay at the HJ, over the Hilton, or Radisson; at least in Ocala. TBH, you can 'reserve' a room at both, run by and see a room at HJ and if it is that bad, go to wherever else you have booked. If you are going to be there for a few days you'll want it clean and affordable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala