U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2013, 06:00 AM

3,276 posts, read 3,396,689 times

Advertisements

Looking for information on the lifestyles package offered by the
Villages near Ocala.
How does it work and how much is it?
Did you like it; did they bombard you with
sales pitches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 07:28 AM

4,111 posts, read 12,843,122 times
We weren't bombarded w/ any sales pitch, we were interested in looking at the houses and the area and the salesperson was nice and accommodating, def. not pushy. I think we stayed 3 or 4 days alth. I believe there's different packages (maybe also a 1 week option), it's a lovely place w/ lots to do, we took the tour, went to some restaurants and to the movies, did a little shopping in one of the many stores, etc. You have to make reservations in advance, it worked out fine, we also visited friends who lived there. I think TV lent us 2 bikes and a golf cart to get around in and it was a very good experience. As for prices, it was reasonable, it was a few years ago and Im sure the price has changed (cant rem. what it was anyway, other than it was reasonable). Would call them to find out the details, am sure they get a lot of inquiries, a lot of ppl look and buy there.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:59 PM

13,258 posts, read 34,669,759 times
If you visit between May 1 and August 31, it's just $100/night (not per person - just per night). The rentals I believe all have 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room/dining area, full equipped kitchen (bring your own food and drink), executive golf pass, a golf cart, two bicycles, access to the pools, discount coupons at various Village shops, I think there's a free movie pass in there, restaurant discounts, and access to the residents-only restaurant/club, Katie Bell's.

Any other time of the year I believe it's $125/night.

If you think of it as a vacation, it's dirt-cheap. You -will- have a sales rep to explain things when you show up to pick up your keys, and you will probably have a follow-up visit or call before you leave. Neither require that you take a tour (though a free tour by tram is available, and actually kind of fun), and neither involve a pushy sales pitch. Of -course- they're hoping you'll want to buy, but they really don't need to be pushy because they have no problem finding eager buyers. The real estate market is totally different in the Villages - they didn't take a hit when the rest of the country went into a recession, and they haven't slowed down on building and in fact just recently opened their third town square.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:39 PM

2 posts, read 6,462 times
I second everything the others have said. The lifestyle preview package is a great way to visit and learn about The Villages. Lots to do, lots to see and lots of fun! Go to "thevillages.com" and cllick on the "come visit" tab for more information and some videos regarding the lifestyle package visit. You can also go to "The Villages Florida Photographs" facebook page to view and share photos of The Villages.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:26 PM

3,841 posts, read 3,148,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyhoss View Post
Looking for information on the lifestyles package offered by the
Villages near Ocala.
How does it work and how much is it?
Did you like it; did they bombard you with
sales pitches.
You might find these links of interest.

Talk of The Villages - The Villages, Florida

The Villages 4 Rent, Rentals in The Villages

Old 05-14-2013, 08:29 AM

3,276 posts, read 3,396,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
If you visit between May 1 and August 31, it's just $100/night (not per person - just per night). The rentals I believe all have 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room/dining area, full equipped kitchen (bring your own food and drink), executive golf pass, a golf cart, two bicycles, access to the pools, discount coupons at various Village shops, I think there's a free movie pass in there, restaurant discounts, and access to the residents-only restaurant/club, Katie Bell's.

Any other time of the year I believe it's $125/night.

If you think of it as a vacation, it's dirt-cheap. You -will- have a sales rep to explain things when you show up to pick up your keys, and you will probably have a follow-up visit or call before you leave. Neither require that you take a tour (though a free tour by tram is available, and actually kind of fun), and neither involve a pushy sales pitch. Of -course- they're hoping you'll want to buy, but they really don't need to be pushy because they have no problem finding eager buyers. The real estate market is totally different in the Villages - they didn't take a hit when the rest of the country went into a recession, and they haven't slowed down on building and in fact just recently opened their third town square.
exactly what I wanted to know; I don't know anyone who has tried a package and wanted
to hear how pushy they were. thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala